Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help with ball level

Dale H

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping some of you kind souls could help with an issue I have. My water tank is in a sealed unit, therefore, I can't physically see how much water is in it, but attached to the outer unit is a clear pipe which fills as the water fills the tank. Within the clear tube/pipe is a ball bearing which is supposed to float so that I can see the water level, however, the (plastic) ball bearing has become lodged at the bottom of the pipe. This has now caused a blockage, so I can't even see the correct water level. I've already taken the tubing off the tank once and dislodged the ball bearing but within a week it has become lodged again. Any recommendations of how I can prevent this from happening again? Thinkinkg of just removing the bearing altogether. Thanks in advance for any advice you could provide.

Cheers,

Dale

My tank was sealed - old ionic systems. I installed a lid so I could make some other modifications, easy enough to do but buy a quality one as apposed to a cheapish one like I did! My tank doesn't have a level gauge, but is clear, so I have fitted an LED light to the inside that is controlled by a remote. My tank is insulated on the outside but I left a 'sight' line down the middle so I could see the water level (which you can't). If I were you I would remove the ball and just shine a torch light on the clear tube if you can't quite see it in daylight.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back