Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

That's ridiculous

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Adam curtis

Had a phone call today from one of my customers they had a flyer through the door from another window cleaner saying they would do the windows for £12 with wfp we currently charge them £18 probly under priced it's a 5 bed house that we already do with wfp can't see how they would ever make any money at those prices the house has got 3 bay 13 normal and 2 sets of patio doors and front door I thought I was cheap but bloody hell that is ridiculously cheep lol

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Had this the other month..under cut me by a tenner....custy asked for wiggle room...lmoa...i put it up a pound...he asked y on earth do that...i been doin your windows for 4 years.u pay online.know my address and phone num...n this cheeky sod as walked round your property to price.no number...just leave our yellow card in your window n well clean....i still cleaning it /emoticons/smile.png

Have a chat with your customer and explain that you r legal pay tax on the £18 and are fully insured and say that they r probably fly by nights cash in back pockets. And that if something goes wrong which it does some times i.e. Broken window that they won't be seen again and customer will be left with the expense of repairs. Remember good customers will stay loyal

Had a phone call today from one of my customers they had a flyer through the door from another window cleaner saying they would do the windows for £12 with wfp we currently charge them £18 probly under priced it's a 5 bed house that we already do with wfp can't see how they would ever make any money at those prices the house has got 3 bay 13 normal and 2 sets of patio doors and front door I thought I was cheap but bloody hell that is ridiculously cheep lol

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
When I went solo I had no idea of pricing and £12 for 30-40 mins work was good money compared to other prospects ar the time of £7 per hour.

Wouldn't entertain a £12 job these days.

Just cause he's cheap now does not make him a cowboy, perhaps just a new boy and as we have all had to do still finding his way.

Have a chat with your customer and explain that you r legal pay tax on the £18 and are fully insured and say that they r probably fly by nights cash in back pockets. And that if something goes wrong which it does some times i.e. Broken window that they won't be seen again and customer will be left with the expense of repairs. Remember good customers will stay loyal
Never ever slag off the competition. No point. Only custys that will ever ask avout insurances etc are commercials. Residentials usually care about price only till they get to know you.

Going around saying 'oh they're a fly by night that are going to break your windows and I pay taxes' just sounds desperate in my opinion.

I just go with a more subtle approach along the lines of 'with taxes and insurance my overheads are too steep to compete with such a low price, you have my number and know where to find me, call me if they let you down'

Or the adding value line. 'They may be cheaper Mrs Brown but we dont just do the window, we include all the frameworks sills and doors as well don't forget, so shall I add you on?'

An assumptive close is always a winner. Biggest errors in selling are insulting the competition (because you are talking about them) and not actually ASKING for the business. Too many just put in the quote and wait to hear, they forget the key question 'when do you want me to start?'

Backin 1999 I sold a house I owned in Luton at the time. I had 5 estate agents come and look and give me an evaluation. I hate estate agents so I booked them all back to back same day to get it over with.

Was totally unimpressed with all except the last. His valuation was in the middle, around market value at the time and the one final question he asked got him the business ' What have I got to do to get your business?'

A simpe honest question. Non of the others asked for it, just gave me a valuation and left.

Just remember we face competition daily in this game. Only way to beat them is be better than them and ask the right question to close the deal.

Back