Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sod It

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CNS-southwest

Screw the big idiots at the top. I'm looking for a part time job so I can do that while building up my round.

Had it now....

Got told today my Monies being reduced, and now I simply can't afford the bills /emoticons/sad.png

O well one door closes, another opens right?

None because I was waiting till jan where I got some time off my current job to get canvassing n started, and then change to part time till I build my round up

If your not canvassing at the moment, get out there. Allot of people are keen to get there windows cleaned before Christmas, and it can be a good time to market. If you have the funds, get some business cards off vista print to hand to people.

How much have you lost each month with your boss cutting your pay?

£250! and as of April due to a new law, they will no longer make money from injury claims which will lose half the companies income

good luck buddy, agree with laddergarder, lots of people like clean windows for christmas.....

My advice is don't do anything silly like leave that job no matter how peed off you get without having another fulltime/partime job lined up first '

Also under the circumstances best now to try build your work up while still working there at weekends etc as now your missus is aware of the money issues.

In the meantime might be worth investigating if you would be entitled to low income support.

Crack on now u can build a round up quickly cos your very eager , knock on doors when u can /emoticons/smile.png and ull pick up plenty /emoticons/smile.png

[/font][/color]
Also under the circumstances best now to try build your work up while still working there at weekends etc as now your missus is aware of the money issues.

In the meantime might be worth investigating if you would be entitled to low income support.

Must admit I was close to doing that, but at the end I the I got my boy to look after n another in the way.

I left like a child- ragging the **** out of my motorbike making loads of noise as I left, they should get the point!!!

The problem I got is I Duno how to fit in the window cleaning work to begin with, I was Gona wait till jan because I get more holiday then so can use that to get cracking n then negotiate a part time agreement, which will alter as more business comes in.

But now I really wana get some windows in before Xmas and a round built up, but I got no holiday and the missus works weekends and I work a lot of weekends aswell

Mon n Tuesday 8am till 4.30pm, Wednesday an Thursday is 10am till 6:30pm, Friday varies between those two shifts.

1 in 4 Saturdays from 9am to 4pm

2 Sundays a month from 10am to 4pm.

Plus 40 minute commute each way.

However one of the areas I was looking at working around was near my work as its a good area, so was thinking of leaflet dropping during my lunches??

If your misses lets you, you can get work near where you work like you said in the above post, and you would have to work there on the saturday your not working, then when you finish work if you need to collect money you can do that just before you go home....

Fill up all your saturdays, apart from the one your working on.

If you get enough take up, you should be looking at £70 to 100 possibly more, on one day! Even Trad! Depends how you price too so you can easly achieve that dude!

She works Saturdays n Sundays and we already use parents and family for care when I work, not sure I could put that on them, that why I was Gona use holiday, although she'll be on maternity on jan

You have a very busy work life pal. When I started, I was working in Woolworth 6am to 1pm M/T/W. Day off Thursday then 1-8pm F/S. Which I started cleaning around those hours. For about a year, I worked 12 hours a day 6 days a week between Woolworth and window cleaning. I don't know how I had the energy for it, but I did, and I managed.

I would say, either ask to go part time, now, or start looking for a part time job. I don't think, it would be a surprise to your boss, if he has just cut your pay. Honestly though, you will find yourself worse off, for the first wee while, no matter how you do it. With your responsibilities to your family, it will be hard.

I think it will be worth it in the long run, and by the sounds of things there is going to be a lot of people laid off, soon, with what you are saying about them loosing half there sales. So you might be getting out of there in the nick of time.

I would look at buying rounds if one comes up, take a loan out if you have to, but a least it will jump start things for you, if an opportunity like that came up in your area.

With insurances going up, you would think your in a job for life sort of job lol.

Anyway, best of luck with whatever you do pal, its worth it, honestly.

With insurances going up, you would think your in a job for life sort of job lol.
Anyway, best of luck with whatever you do pal, its worth it, honestly.
You'd hope, but 90% of insurance companies has made a loss over the past 5 years because of fake claims, my job is more investigating those claims than selling policies

Latest Posts

Back