Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing help please on the inners of the window...thank you

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Scottie

Hello all,

Just wanted to ask your advice as not had this request before. The customer is a regular and good customer and wants the inners of the windows cleaned, the parts when its closed you dont see cleaned. I want to offer a fair price as a good regular customer and have some spare time next week so a good fair price. There are 15 windows. What do you feel guys/gals. Thank you in advance for your help, also what would you use to clean and your procedure be.

for some reason I can not add pics...

Thank you

View attachment 6503

View attachment 6504

View attachment 6505

We do these inners as you call them ( I call them shuts) when we do a full conservatory valet.

They are deceptively time consuming.

We use a small squirt bottle with Ubik and a tooth brush to agitate and then a fluffy microfibre to mop up.

Try one on your own house and get an idea of how long it will take.

Good luck

I would factor in 10 mins a window. Depends if they want them mint. If so you might be there longer always takes ages on these intricate bits.

I've done this twice before and both times were a pain.

The first time was on a one bedroom flat so not many windows. I used a paint brush to brush/flick all the **** out and then used flash liquid and a tooth brush and cloths to clean them.

The second time was a bit of a misunderstanding between me and the customer. She contacted me via text and asked if I cleaned the frames. I told her I did and arranged a time to go round. When I arrived she had all the windows wide open so I asked her if she'd mind closing them and she asked how I was going to clean the frames if the windows were shut. We cleared up the misunderstanding and I gave her a new, much higher price for the house. She asked if I could just do the front windows this time be issue she didn't have enough money and she'd contact me to arrange a time to go back and clean the back ones. I never heard from her again.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

The best way to do where they shut is to get an old small paint brush and vacuum it out..that's the way we did them in Australia and all the windows I did we used that method

Thanks guys, some greta ideas and methods there. I was thinking using a brish to get the dirt free bit and then hoover it out and then put soem spray on ie flash etc and then clean it with warm water/cloth then dry off with a clean cloth once left for a bit. What sort of price ball park figure would you put on it for 15 windows. thank you

I wouldn't bother

It will **** you off after a few windows..will take up ages of your time and not worth the aggro

Unlike our friends in Oz who do it as part of a bigger job nobody here would pay enough to make it worthwhile to you

That's how i feel about them from experience anyway

Hi Scottie, I think green pro got it right when he said try your own one first and see about time, if you looking at 10 mins per window that's obviously 6 per hour, without a cup a tea and a biscuit you are looking at almost 3 hours for 15 windows, what do you charge and hour X 3 + a bit on top in my opinion, I know it's a good customer but sometimes based on your time it's better to say no than quote 100-150 and get that wow really!

Before you do quote I would think if I had time to do job as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I agree Hunty

Nobody is gonna pay me 90 squid for 3 hours work to do that for them but i wouldn't do it for any less as an hour is an hour whatever job you are doing

I was gonna say about 100. But who's gonna pay it in this country? It's just not the done thing unlike the U.S .

Can't hurt to quote it though eh

Hi, year looking at three hours. I have plenty time next week and was thinking whilst not working on a day i may as well get somthing and charge £80 bit of an odd job but well its money on a day I am doing nothing on....Cheers for the tips. Yeah I get what you mean, I can do one of my office cleans in an hour and half and its easy work and get 60quid, only thing that makes me want to do it is its on a day i have nothing, so money better than none, even if takes longer, somtiems i spend 30 mins gassing to

look at the customer-are they a nitpicker type? if so in my opinion youre better to not do it. because in the long run theyll play games on you. no moneys worth it .

iv had to block an ex customer like this after they started on the games , getting "funny" on me at first "lets toss a coin if you lose you clean gutters for free "but building up to sendin me offensive messages-thinking ooo he will suck it up cos he needs the work for his lads . the messages included "youre a robbing ******* "

Charge by the hour state that its a time consuming job 4-5 times longer than an external clean so it will be 4-5 times the price depending on how long your there .

I dont get why any ppl would spent monet on getting this cleaned?-you dont ever see that part of the window.

Back