Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Backpack Wireless remote control modification

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've wired it up i have power only going to the receiver when the backpack is turned on which is good, the only thing is when i turn the backpack on the pump doesn't turn on until i press the transmitter so i am reliant on that 
Can you post some high quality crystal clear photos of your relay wiring and the backpack integration 

I've wired it up i have power only going to the receiver when the backpack is turned on which is good, the only thing is when i turn the backpack on the pump doesn't turn on until i press the transmitter so i am reliant on that 
Have you got it working 

That's because it's connected to the NO (Normally Open) connection. If you connect to NC (Normally Closed) then it will work even if you forget the remote or battery dies. Then the remote will disconnect the power to the pump. It will use power when not pumping water but it's miniscule and as long as you switch BP off when not in use then no problem.

Have you got it working 
I'll have another go later today with what Ched suggested and swap around the NO to the NC.

I'll update later ?

Ok i swapped the pump wire from the NO to the NC and it worked, woohoo So now the pump turns on with just the switch and turns off with the remote. Thanks guys ?

Ok i swapped the pump wire from the NO to the NC and it worked, woohoo So now the pump turns on with just the switch and turns off with the remote. Thanks guys ?
Yay thank **** he Worked it out...

Just ensure all your connections are secure and insulated away from moisture etc.

Another happy customer 

Ched and I should get royalties 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay thank **** he Worked it out...

Just ensure all your connections are secure and insulated away from moisture etc.

Another happy customer 

Ched and I should get royalties 
I know, good suggestion from Ched on swapping from the NO to the NC ?

I thought I'd update on this, I'm finding the remote just doesn't work as well as it did for distance. I did change the battery in the fob, but unless I'm stood right next to the backpack it just doesn't turn off.

Would the One Shot work with the backpack? And when i do eventually upgrade to a full van tank system i could then move it over onto that system

Latest Posts

Back