Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

hose and reel

john39

hi guys im looking to start buying parts, first of all im lookin 100 meter hose and reel.

what or which you recommend?

eBay do one for about £12. Also gardiners had a 100ft one in there sale a while back. Depends what you wanna spend & quality

We have always had wheeled hose reels. They are more bulky but at least you can wheel them out to your starting point, tie the hose off, and then walk it back to the van laying out just enough hose. We do this where there are lots of corners the hose has to be dragged around.

We have always had wheeled hose reels. They are more bulky but at least you can wheel them out to your starting point, tie the hose off, and then walk it back to the van laying out just enough hose. We do this where there are lots of corners the hose has to be dragged around.
I do it the other way my hose reel stays at the van. I pull out the max of what I need at the start of the job and don't need to move the reel.

To the OP… I paid about £120 - £150 for a steel reel and 100m of re-enforced micro bore hose. It has taken a lot of abuse and earned its cost. 'If' I was going to go cheaper, instead of getting a cheap, low quality version of the same thing, i would try pole hose hose and a cheap reel.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

I do it the other way my hose reel stays at the van. I pull out the max of what I need at the start of the job and don't need to move the reel.
To the OP… I paid about £120 - £150 for a steel reel and 100m of re-enforced micro bore hose. It has taken a lot of abuse and earned its cost. 'If' I was going to go cheaper, instead of getting a cheap, low quality version of the same thing, i would try pole hose hose and a cheap reel.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
We mostly do as you do. It is those odd houses where you have got to pull the hose around 1/2 a dozen walls.

Not saying buy cheap. Course you can get dearer hose as with anything else. If yer on a budget then the £12-15 hose off eBay is a good start.

Incidentally I bought 2 of these hoses 18 months ago & have been dragged everywhere & are still going strong.

My other hose I got off gardeners for £16 in a sale. No difference in either hose. All are 100m.

Not saying buy cheap. Course you can get dearer hose as with anything else. If yer on a budget then the £12-15 hose off eBay is a good start.
Incidentally I bought 2 of these hoses 18 months ago & have been dragged everywhere & are still going strong.

My other hose I got off gardeners for £16 in a sale. No difference in either hose. All are 100m.
could u give me links to these hoses?

sounds like gd spruce nowt worse having loads of hose reel every where. backpack is what i use for bad jobs

Back