Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many houses in one day

Depends on how close they are from each other, access etc and how many hours you want to work.

Average I would say on regular cleans is about 2-3 houses an hour just plodding along.

No idea with wfp but I can do 3 and hour comfortably tradding if I don't have to move the motor

That's my problem..setting up a new round so not the most compact of rounds at the mo

About 7-10 in a day and I'm done. Most of mine are medium town houses (around £14-£20average), and driving between jobs though.

When you all first started to clean windows how many could you do in a day ? is it a case of experience makes you faster.:rolleyes:

oh with youth comes speed....i was pretty fast when younger.....takes a lot more to get me started these days.../emoticons/biggrin.png...and by the time i get up to speed....its time to go home.

When you all first started to clean windows how many could you do in a day ? is it a case of experience makes you faster.:rolleyes:
Funny enough I was actually thinking about this, and how much I have changed since I started. When I first started leaning the trade I copied the 'youtube stars' and tried to be as fast as them. With a little practice I was going the same speed. But as time has gotten on I feel like my eyes are better at spotting the fly ****, pollen, bee poo, etc. And if anything I have slowed down the pace to focus on the details. The only time I mop and blade fast is when people are watching me work, as it seems to impress people when you are quick on the squeegee.

I don't think there is such a thing as an average house especially when the owners get their hands on them including gardens too. For me it's about doing a quality job safely rather than worrying about speed.

I'm just starting at 45 years old, do you think I could have a portable stannah stairlift fitted to the ladder /emoticons/biggrin.png

after doing 30 houses in a day you may need one sooner than you think /emoticons/biggrin.png

Thanks Smurf I might just check out their website just in case:laugh:, I want to make my mark in window cleaning by doing a proper job for the customers but I don't want to be so fast that I make lots of mistakes./emoticons/smile.png

Concentrate on doing a good job and you will still earn well..the speed comes with time as you will have a routine eg which pouch which cloth is in and squeegees etc so will do it on autopilot

Plus less detailing as you get more experience

do you not find if you go flat out start of week finishing late

b y end of week your knackered and not being so productive

also we are all getting older

yep with you on that duncs...so feeling tired and things not working properly thought sod it and off home yesterday....i get my milky coffee some crisps..i only eat one type...walkers sweet chilli sunbites...some choccy...feet up ...no one in ..tele on...and i switched on five minutes into hobsons choice....top top film...and then...i was recharged..and ran like a mad un today...still ran out of time but....theres always tomorrow../emoticons/biggrin.png..

I learnt a long time a go to pace myself as each job takes as long as it takes without taking shortcuts and/or unnecessary risks.

My first job on Tuesday I did inside and out I cleaned an average house with a dormer and it took me 2 hours I cleaned all the frames really we'll and took and paint flecks and sticky marks off each Pane of glass I felt a little embarrassed taking so long but the end result was fantastic and I was given a £10 tip and not have their neighbours to do so I'm guessing over time I will get quicker /emoticons/smile.png

Back