Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hypo/soft wash guide/advice.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

@^^

Thanks for the welcome!

Yes seen it used over at YT...

however, from what i can gander is that its safer than SH, only thing is it does NOT clean as good.

thats why asking if any members here have any experience with this stuff.

do chime in folks...

you would probably know but thought to mention anyway - when using hypo to clean fascias / soffits make sure not to spray the lead flashing on the lower roofs .. that can happen easily when is windy .

Lead and hypo doesn't like each other lol

Ive done it once , and I had to use a rotary sander to polish the whole lead then luckily I found some Black Patina left in the garage from a stain glass project and used the whole bottle to restore the lead flashing which was sprayed with HYPO , it was a pain believe me ...

Now I only use TFR for cleaning the fascias

When Hypo turns lead brown (and I always tell the custy it will) all you actually have to do is leave it alone for two weeks. It will revert to normal.
it will definitely revert due to oxidation - but not all customers will be happy with that

If it goes back to normal then no harm done, and if customer told before hand this might happen then there is no problems! I would never hypo fascias and soffits, UBik or no nonsense degreaser for me

That's interesting as I did my roof a couple of years ago and the lead whent brown/yellow and it has stayed the same , is there an easy fix ? It doesn't overly bother me but if I could get it to go back to normal I would

Back