Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

When Is Ppm Visible To Naked Eye

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Shaun1977

as title says could anyone answer this iv tryed googling it to settle a arguement with me and work collegue he says around 015 i said under 010

I use 15ppm all day long and never had a problem I would say at least double but I don't risk it much over 15 ppm if you don't rinse probably you will get spotting on 0000ppm

Turbidity is not colour related, but relates rather to the loss of transparency due to the effect of suspended particulate, colloidal material, or both. A lack of turbidity results in clarity or clearness because it is, in part, the effect of these various suspended materials on light passing through a liquid. Simples :Image13:

Turbidity is not colour related, but relates rather to the loss of transparency due to the effect of suspended particulate, colloidal material, or both. A lack of turbidity results in clarity or clearness because it is, in part, the effect of these various suspended materials on light passing through a liquid. Simples :Image13:
What he said.

Turbidity can also be caused by aeration of the media, if you've just poured water into a glass it will be turbid, left to settle it will clear up.

Whilst it would be very hard to spot low ppm TDS in a glass of water, on a dried and cleaned window it can be a lot easier to spot (no pun intended).

The best way to test what is visible or not is to place a drop of the water you want to test on a clean laid-flat handheld mirror. When it dries you will quickly be able to see a ring where the water was if there were visible dissolved solids in the water.

The best way to test what is visible or not is to place a drop of the water you want to test on a clean laid-flat handheld mirror. When it dries you will quickly be able to see a ring where the water was if there were visible dissolved solids in the water.

Picturing thousands of window cleaners now reaching for their handheld mirrors

I think you have been having a play already alex and already know the answer to that one. :Image13:

Whilst it would be very hard to spot low ppm TDS in a glass of water, on a dried and cleaned window it can be a lot easier to spot (no pun intended).

Back