Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can I pay some more Taxes please.

• Thread starter The window cleaning kid
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

T

The window cleaning kid

The Chancellor increases tax for self-employed by £240 a year.

Country is called England or as Like to call it (A Tragic Joke)

[media]

[/media]

We have to pay all the Civil Servants their final salary pension somehow. What better way then to tax the very people that are trying to better themselves.
Or try my trick, marry a civil servant. At least I know my taxes are going towards a handsome pension that I'll no doubt end up depending on /emoticons/wink.png

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I was a civil servant and left - the pensions are ****! Like everything else, the baby boomers grabbed them all and anyone who started working in the new millenium just won't ever see a penny! :puke:

We've had it good I.m.o for years compared to p.a.y.e.

It apparently works out around 60p per week.

were all chipping in to get the national debt that 13 years of a labour government left us.

I'd rather paye it off than corbyns suggestion of borrowing even more.

Just my two pennies worth /emoticons/smile.png

We've had it good I.m.o for years compared to p.a.y.e.It apparently works out around 60p per week.

were all chipping in to get the national debt that 13 years of a labour government left us.

I'd rather paye it off than corbyns suggestion of borrowing even more.

Just my two pennies worth /emoticons/smile.png
But Class 4 NI doesn't entitle you to sick pay or contribute to your pension. In other words it's a punitive additional tax.

Is it so very wrong that I just cant even find the strength to decide wether I give a toss or not?

Every year taxes go up. Fact of life.

I'm more p!ssed that diesel has risen by 15p per litre sinc last summer but we just swallow that.

It is not an amount that will really make a dent in my earnings but still annoying as there was a tory manifesto pledge to not increase vat, ni or tax but are now backtracking saying it was only to cover employed not self employed..it is the blatant lies and deceit that bugs me as the tories used to at least tell you how they were gonna shaft you so you could at least lube up a bit ..it was labour who were the outright sneaky buggers

But Class 4 NI doesn't entitle you to sick pay or contribute to your pension. In other words it's a punitive additional tax.
True, but that's a choice, you yourself made when you went self employed.

If I add up what I would pay in tax if I was p.a.y.e compared to what I actually do pay, 4 weeks holiday pay nowhere near makes the difference.

I still think self employed get a much better deal even under the new rules

I'm in the process of putting my prices up on quite a few jobs so will cover the extra tax .

Makes me laugh that they raises taxes make stealth cuts then give away £200 million in foreign aid and apparently we have no money and of course we are one of the richest countries in the world with £1.56 Trillion of national debt :eek:

Lol, I wondered how long it'd be before the phrase 'foreign aid' was brought up..... /emoticons/biggrin.png

As GreenPro said - taxes only go one way - UP!

Only a year ago I was paying about a quid for a litre of fuel... Now it's £1.22.......

We'll just have to suck it up... AGAIN:(

Couldnt agree more, if any of you are interested in the whole system & being corralled around like sheep have a look into the 'Bilderburg group'.

We all have to pay taxes & follow the hmrcs delights, just a bloody shame they cant get their end sorted & get the country in order.

However, we are pretty lucky to do what we do- most of us are self employed, able to dictate how & when we work, have a cuppa, get given tips, finish fairly early, earn a decent wage and if its a really good day the rain stays away. Not a bad job compared to others, just managing how we all live outside of it is the key, for me its financial independence as soon as possible- not owing the swines any money(mortgage/debts etc).

Anyway, enough of the drivel, off to see mrs Jones for a cuppa.

Have a smasher of a day guys & gals

True. I gave up a professional engineering job for this one... 4 hours a day work and huge quality of life and freedom..

You all know I have just started a new round build having sold off the old round and moved county.

If I were still on the old round the letters in every letterbox this month would read along the lines of:

Dear P. Unter,

As of April 1st 2017 our prices will be going up by 50 pence per clean to keep in line with inflation and cost of living. As you can appreciate we like to keep our prices low and this is our first price increase in over a year and it will be our only price increase for at lease another year.

We appreciate your custom and your understanding.

Kind regards, W. Indy.

Hit the customers now whilst the news is fresh and they have reason to understand. 300 punters at 50p is £150 monthly rise. Lose say 5 at £15 per customer your still £75 per month better off and get an extra half day per month.

You all know I have just started a new round build having sold off the old round and moved county.
If I were still on the old round the letters in every letterbox this month would read along the lines of:

Dear P. Unter,

As of April 1st 2017 our prices will be going up by 50 pence per clean to keep in line with inflation and cost of living. As you can appreciate we like to keep our prices low and this is our first price increase in over a year and it will be our only price increase for at lease another year.

We appreciate your custom and your understanding.

Kind regards, W. Indy.

Hit the customers now whilst the news is fresh and they have reason to understand. 300 punters at 50p is £150 monthly rise. Lose say 5 at £15 per customer your still £75 per month better off and get an extra half day per month.
I was thinking along similar lines, mention the budget and running cost increases

Dont know why I chimed in.... :oops:
I'm an employee of the Ltd company I own so this does not affect me. :rolleyes:
Actually Director Dividends have had an increase in tax too - you'll probably be hit worse than us poor SA boys.

So chime away! /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back