Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ro Or Di.....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

vespawho

Hi Guys

Was just wondering if i can just go down the route of a double DI system as i dont have anywhere to really store water.

This way i could have a tank in my van, connect a hose from my house and fill up, in a shorter time than an RO. As i would have to wedge my front door open for the hose.

As i rent, i dont want to start building sheds for equipment/water etc.

I have just looked up my water quality and its is 270

Will a twin DI system bring that down and how much do you think it would cost per month.

If not then i will have to mount a RO system in my van with a tank, what size RO would i need to fill a tank quickly?

I really hope that the DI is possible, would save so much hassle.

Cheers James

It really depends on how much water your using?

I use twin di and it works great for me as I'm in the same situation as you (rent, flat, ppm,etc)

I use about 100liters a day on adverage and have to change resin every 6weeks. Hope that helps

At this moment i have no idea how much i will be using, I am just starting to canvas work. Which at the moment i will do trad, but want to do wfp asap, that way i dont have to change over customers later.

Also i am looking at the solar cleaning market, Got a supplier near me and hope to pick up work from him.

I know that it would probably work out cheaper to have an RO working at home while im working and then just fill up. But then i have the storage problem,

I am looking at tanks for my van around the 500/600 ltr size.

Will twin 27's work with my water quality?

My waters 276 & I use 4.5 litre twin DI's & am just about to change the resin in 1 of them which have been in there since last may & prob used 1500 litres. (Am trad so don't use much). I use 1 DI first add second when ppm goes up. When goes up again change resin in 1st one & use that as the second one & so on.

It would work for a tank that size but you'll have to change the resin every couple of weeks if you use that much... You'd really need a di for that level of water

What seems to be the average amount of water that people use? Doing WFP all the time?

Its hard to know what size tank to get to start off with,

Sounds like i can use the twin DI route with my water quality, just wont be that cheap?

It would work for a tank that size but you'll have to change the resin every couple of weeks if you use that much... You'd really need a di for that level of water
did u mean 'really need RO for that level of water?'. I'm looking at similar set up also, but hoping that as I'm still growing and mostly trad that i won't need that much water, can add RO in at later stage?.

Yeah I did, sorry... I know its a lot of money as your starting out but if you want to be complete wfp I'd get an ro straight away. I only do tops and a few leaded houses, so I'm happy doing it this way and spending a bit more money but others arn't..

Think of it this way you can get a complete ro and di set up for £500-£600 or you can get two 27ltr di vessels and the resin to fill for around £350... For the extra £150 your sorted for a year or so...

The reason why I don't do it is that (similar to you) I live in a flat, no space, outside tap is a faff... But if I could have an ro system I would... Remember all the money I spend on resin comes off tax at the end of the year so I'd have to save it if I didn't spend it....

Yeah I did, sorry... I know its a lot of money as your starting out but if you want to be complete wfp I'd get an ro straight away. I only do tops and a few leaded houses, so I'm happy doing it this way and spending a bit more money but others arn't.. Think of it this way you can get a complete ro and di set up for £500-£600 or you can get two 27ltr di vessels and the resin to fill for around £350... For the extra £150 your sorted for a year or so...

The reason why I don't do it is that (similar to you) I live in a flat, no space, outside tap is a faff... But if I could have an ro system I would... Remember all the money I spend on resin comes off tax at the end of the year so I'd have to save it if I didn't spend it....
good advice, thanks mate. I also am planning on doing most trad but most tops WFP, and have been avoiding leaded. As £££ is tight £350 would be a push to come up with, £500-£600 a dream in my first year. Plan is DI year one, canvass like crazy, invest in advertisng and gaining work, get customers used to WFP with tops anyway (then not a big shock to them or my bank balance when I upgrade to RO year 2. Yes the resin is expensive(and I would probably be looking at roughly same amount as you), but small amounts are easier to come up with/save for at the mo when your barely covering bills and you seem to be investing more than your actually making! That'll all change though- believe that!

Back