Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Correct Brush For The Correct Job

WCF

Help Support WCF:

O

OoO

I have been using the extreme brushes on first cleans! A first clean has always taken me maybe 2 or 3 times longer!

Anyway today I put on the Gardiner DT. WOW this first clean took about 15 minutes longer.

Talk about the wrong brush for the wrong job. It is my fault, and its common sense I guess. Just never thought a brush would make THAT much difference!

Damo

The time spent cleaning does depend on how dirty the windows are; I did a first clean last week, 3 bed semi with a small conservatory. The first clean took 1 hour to do, even when using a Boars Hair brush the next maintenance clean with be around 10 minutes with a Polyester monofilament brush.

If the windows are not too bad and have been maintained recently, you can just use 100% Polyester brush, but as Belfastcleaning says the Hybrid brush would be better for this type of first cleans, a brush that can scrub - it would be quicker - any worse than this might be prudent to use Nylon monofilament or Boars Hair brushes.

Richard

Latest Posts

Back