Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Windows locked open!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

K

kahoona

More and more of my custys have been developing some every strange behavior, presumably due to the unseasonably warm temperatures we have had this winter.

Many of them have started leaving their upstairs windows ever so slightly open and locked in this position via the handle from the inside. I know not all window handle frames combs allow this to be done, but clearly quite a few of the older upcv and ali ones do.

Anyway I wont use WFP on these because I'm worried about water getting inside, and its no point climbing up the ladder to close them becuase you can only close by opening the handle from the inside. have any of you experienced this if so how do you deal with it?

I thinking of putting some anonymous posts on FB saying "beware burglars broke in thru my window even though it only a little bit open and locked with handle from the inside" /emoticons/smile.png

More and more of my custys have been developing some every strange behavior, presumably due to the unseasonably warm temperatures we have had this winter.
Many of them have started leaving their upstairs windows ever so slightly open and locked in this position via the handle from the inside. I know not all window handle frames combs allow this to be done, but clearly quite a few of the older upcv and ali ones do.

Anyway I wont use WFP on these because I'm worried about water getting inside, and its no point climbing up the ladder to close them becuase you can only close by opening the handle from the inside. have any of you experienced this if so how do you deal with it?

I thinking of putting some anonymous posts on FB saying "beware burglars broke in thru my window even though it only a little bit open and locked with handle from the inside" /emoticons/smile.png
Pretty easy to clean still. Just don't clean the top frame and don't rinse past the outside frame.

Same as tuffers flats are a pain if the lower ones leave a side opener open instead of a top one, I still clean tho

Maybe I'll pop a tin of these through their letter box with a note saying, I have been unable to clean your upstairs windows as they were left open today. If you are having trouble keeping your bed room freash smelling please administer one these to your old man once per day just before bed time. kind regards your window cleaner.

40dcd91c-4ab7-463d-bc6d-1cf986f37ea9.jpg

most of the time in summer I have found the windows are being left in this locked open state so its usually easy to push them closed. you get the odd one thats very stuff, but i find a ladder mitt on the end of a Harris pole sorts those ones.

The problem ones I was takling about seem to only have been happening alot lately, i'm guessing those people are leaving them like that because they are almost close / secure incase of rain and because its dark when they get back from work, so presumably (& understandably) they are not wanting to leave them "wide" open like they might do in the summer.

I think people are leaving them "locked open" to help combat condensation. I have to do it in my bedroom. Must be all the steamy action that happens in there :thumbsup: Most of my customers seem to leave the little top one open which isn't a problem as I can normally push them shut with the brush.

I have a few like that, as others say just clean below top frame, wont have a issue then.

I used to clean windows like this with no problem. Just take a little care not to splash water all over the shot and all good.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

i clean open windows all the time, save asking them to shut them, even those that tilt inwards, just clean the glass only on them

never had a problem.

Latest Posts

Back