Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can't fit my Aqua tap on my Clx?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Vinny vin

Sparkles
Not sure if it's me being dumb or if I need another adapter for the aqua tap to fit on my Clx 22 I'll attach a pic to show what I've got . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

what you have is a quik loq gooseneck from gardiners.it will not fit.have you got another wfp with an end thread?you could use it then.i like them aquataps take some getting used to though.

Thanks mark I'll check to see if I've still got one just trying to save on my water as I run off twin di vessels and no ro so buying resin £70 a fortnight ain't cheap. I bet it will take a while to get use it though

your sill brush will unscrew from your goose neck.ok.its simple.screw your aquatap on to your thread on your pole,then your angle neck,then your brush.how much water are you using??resin should be lasting much longer.what resin are you using?whats your tds reading at your tap?

you will need a quik loq angle arm from gardiners.i think you will have a quik loq on your sill brush.there only a tenner.

I don't have a thread on my Clx there's just a clamp there nothing to attach it to. Also my sill brush head is quick lock also? I'm not all clued up with this wfp stuff. My tap tds is anywhere from 80-90 ppm and I use 500lts a day 6 days a week.

like I said the aquatap will not fit your clx because there is no thread.you will need a pole with an end thread that's the only way your aquatap will fit.but you can still use your brush once you've got another pole.

Looks like you are using gardiners sill bush, that should be fine with aquatap to turn on/off, but aquatap doesnt work that well with supreme brushes, as there isnt enough stock on brush to switch on/off that well. Aquatap has served me well.

Thanks Doug not sure if that will work though as I have a quick release sill brush head the thread will go onto my pole with the link you just sent me but not sure how it will fit into my brush?

We use Aquadapters and they have the hose running inside the pole. The Aquatap works differently as the hose connections are on the outside.

On the Aquadapters we remove the resineck and fit one of these;

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/goosenecks-pole-fittings/pole-fittings/alloy-quick-release-top-adapter.html

The pole hose runs inside and then into the Aquadapter.

You could buy one of these and have a hole drilled at the greatest angle you can so the pole hose can exit behind this adapters thread but before the shank.

I would order one of these

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/goosenecks-pole-fittings/plastic-gooseneck-system/resi-neck-trade-quick-release-type-1.html

and then screw that Aquatap onto the end of it and adjust so that the Aquatap is parallel to the pole.

If you then buy an ordinary Threaded Quickloq angle adapter to fit after the Aquatap and before your brush to give you an adjustable brush head.

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/goosenecks-pole-fittings/plastic-gooseneck-system/quick-loq-resi-neck-type-2.html

It will make your pole longer though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still a bit confused I have a Clx 22 with a quick lock sill brush so have no thead for the Aqua tap that I have bought to go into but the links that people have sent me are good in the way that I can fit the Aqua tap onto my pole but don't no how then it will attach onto my brush head ?

I see what you mean so the second angle adapter goes on top of the Aqua tap which then connects to my quick lock brush ?... I think I'm finally there

IMG00418-20131128-1219_zps169e4c19.jpg
iiii

Back