Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hi Everyone, I'm From Ss6 Essex

WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

SS6 Window Cleaner

Hi all,

I'm in Rayleigh Essex, I'm new to the forum and a virgin window cleaner.

I've never cleaned windows, guttering or facia boards before, but I am thinking about trying it out to see if its a job for me.

I'm after any tips or advice, my plan is to clean my own windows and gutters etc first.

I want to start using tradition methods.

What would people advise I need to buy as a starter kit?

What type of ladder?

Do I need insurances etc?

I will welcome any guidance from the experienced hands out there!

Tony

And one last question, what is the realistic earning potential........... without killing myself doing 12 hour days 7pm days a week!

Welcome to the forum mate.

I have 24ft doubles and reach all 2nd floor windows.

For trad you will need:

Squeegee with a few different sized channels

Applicator

Spare squeegee rubbers

Pouch

Bucket on a belt

Few scrims

Bucket

glass sSwear word!er

Soap

I prefer unger gear..

Earning potential will be what you can make it, you decide your prices, this is one of the things that's differs most between cleaners.. But you want to be earning at least £20 per hour

Welcome to the forum .

Im new too and when im on the glass im averaging over £20.00 per hr . This is after initial cleans though as these take a while longer .

Im new too and when im on the glass im averaging over £20.00 per hr . This is after initial cleans though as these take a while longer .
Ditto on that, welcome to the forum mate. I'm same with mostly Unger gear as well and a couple of hundred quid should sort you out with the gear.

Thanks for such a friendly welcome, if any one wants to put together a starter kit, with web links it would be a great help, if no one fancies doing that I'll totally understand and I'll put one together and get you experts to give it the ok before I click buy now on ebay hahaha!

I'm thinking of getting some t shirts printed with the company name/brand, I think I'll keep it simple and call my fledgling firm Clariclean or something, if anyone has ideas for a company name I'm all ears!

Tony

Back