Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure switch

SPECI4L

How do I know if my pressure switch is on the way out?

Had my trolley for 3 years & not had to replace a thing on it.

Recently it's started blasting water out when I turn on the Aqua-dapter, even though I've got the dead end set just right & as soon as I stop the flow it shows DE on the controller.

I can only think it's the pressure switch... unless I've not grasped how it works & there's some other issue...

Ta

Paul

the pressure switch isnt really used if you have a controller.

the controller tells the pumps to turn off.

has it only been happening in the hot wheather, it may be stretch in your hose.

I did think that... as the controller displays PS when the pressure switch comes into play.

Not sure about the hose stretch though, wasn't all that warm yesterday & I mainly use Aqua-dapter hot water hose... it could be the short lengths of connecting hose on the trolley that are past their best. :confused:

I did think that... as the controller displays PS when the pressure switch comes into play.Not sure about the hose stretch though, wasn't all that warm yesterday & I mainly use Aqua-dapter hot water hose... it could be the short lengths of connecting hose on the trolley that are past their best. :confused:

Set the dead end a little lower and see how that works. The water is quite warm at the moment and we have had to reduce the DE on our controllers to compensate. You will have to increase it again when the weather turns and your tap water turns cold as well.

For us its usually Dec/Jan time.

Set the dead end a little lower and see how that works. The water is quite warm at the moment and we have had to reduce the DE on our controllers to compensate. You will have to increase it again when the weather turns and your tap water turns cold as well.For us its usually Dec/Jan time.
I usually tweak my DE throughout the day if needed.

I drop it to the point where, at my regular working height, it occasionally stop/starts, increase the setting by 1 & it's usually spot on unless the there's a major temperature change.

The water blasting out then waiting a few seconds for the flow to "catch up" is a minor irritation I can live with, was just hoping for an easy fix.

Back