Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van Insurance.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Well that's it you have to have it , I do agree it should be more but 1300 more fs come on like lol. Boar city you are 100% correct if you have any mod what soever the insurance company will try anything to get out off it

I have class one business insurance on my car. My job is window cleaner therefore I'm insured to carry out my business with the tools needed as a window cleaner.

Do I have to say I have roof racks and a ladder... No I'm a window cleaner.

Do I have to say I carry a 25litre 'tank' filled with water and other gear... No I'm a window cleaner.

That's what there quote is to insure me for.

I've got a quote for a new van this week, I'm a window cleaner, wfp and trad, there quote is to cover me to be a window cleaner.

'Claiming' anything else is ridiculous.

I remember a story of a friend, left his van running, someone nicked it, insurance said he wasn't covered, he said I said what I do is a window cleaner and for some reason his system need to be on when at home doing something (not sure what), the insurance company paid out...

Car £490 Tesco.

Van (quote) £750 Admiral

Wife proposer on both and I'm main user. I have no NCD /emoticons/sad.png

It's the first thing they asked me when they rang up ,the only reason they rang up because I made a silly mistake on the online form

I have class one business insurance on my car. My job is window cleaner therefore I'm insured to carry out my business with the tools needed as a window cleaner.
Do I have to say I have roof racks and a ladder... No I'm a window cleaner.

Do I have to say I carry a 25litre 'tank' filled with water and other gear... No I'm a window cleaner.

That's what there quote is to insure me for.

I've got a quote for a new van this week, I'm a window cleaner, wfp and trad, there quote is to cover me to be a window cleaner.

'Claiming' anything else is ridiculous.

I remember a story of a friend, left his van running, someone nicked it, insurance said he wasn't covered, he said I said what I do is a window cleaner and for some reason his system need to be on when at home doing something (not sure what), the insurance company paid out...
I am extremely dubious to your mates claim of a payout on a vehicle with the engine left running being stolen - for a start it is ILLEGAL to leave an unattended vehicle running in England for any reason.

As for you not wanting to tell them of any modifications that's your business, I wage you will find yourself screwed when you try to claim for something.

Mine is all declared as my insurance covers 'like for like; replacements so I want them to know what I have now so that can't say I didn't tell them later!

And a final point, a youngster that was working for me set up on his own, had a fender bender (nothing serious) in his car and didn't get a pay out as he had added a roof rack and ladders which for some reason as a young driver he had exclusions for.

It's the first thing they asked me when they rang up ,the only reason they rang up because I made a silly mistake on the online form
I see, well if they phone up and ask then yes I would declare a tank.

Hope you get it sorted.

I am extremely dubious to your mates claim of a payout on a vehicle with the engine left running being stolen - for a start it is ILLEGAL to leave an unattended vehicle running in England for any reason.
As for you not wanting to tell them of any modifications that's your business, I wage you will find yourself screwed when you try to claim for something.

Mine is all declared as my insurance covers 'like for like; replacements so I want them to know what I have now so that can't say I didn't tell them later!

And a final point, a youngster that was working for me set up on his own, had a fender bender (nothing serious) in his car and didn't get a pay out as he had added a roof rack and ladders which for some reason as a young driver he had exclusions for.
You have a confronting demeanour about you. But thank you for your advice.

Was just wondering how many had issues with DIY frame jobs on your van, and the insurance company? Is it simpler from an insurance point of view! just to ratchet everything down?

Latest Posts

Back