Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Traditional to waterfed transition

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You don't need Vision Chris. Pure water is fine on it's own. Hot pure water is excellent as it helps remove dirt quicker. This time of year it's also great when the temps are well down. Beats working with freezing cold ladders hands down.

Points taken lads.

I have a public footpath right next to van so electrical supply at night isn't an option; but I'd love to get all this in at same time for a heated system.

You won't need a 27ft pole on a daily basis I am only 5ft and manage the vast majority of my jobs with a SLX-22 you could take a section or 2 off then add on when needed just buy end caps for exposed sections thats what I did for a good few years and still do to a point as I have 2 extensions to add on when needed .

A Gardiners Supreme Soft is a good all rounder but an Ultimate or a Super Lite Medium Mixed (Black & White Bristles) would serve you well at the start as you will catch window reveals and bash the ends of the brush in , Sill brushes are way to heavy and not needed cleaning sills thoroughly and efficiently is down to technique .

I've got a 350L in my van - does me 20 or so houses a day and makes me plenty of money. Don't need any bigger for a solo setup.

As for poles, got 2 22ft ones (got one with my setup and bought a Gardiner when I had my back pack). Use this all day long but going to get a 10" carbon gooseneck for conservatory roofs at some point. An extension would be useful for these too but I can just about reach 3 stories with the 22 and my height (6'3").

Thanks lads

I was used to a massively heavy aluminium one that came with the backpack (facelift) I use for cladding cleaning etc.

That slx 27 is light in comparison and while I often lug 3 part ladders around at mo,I can't see this pole being an issue.

The slx is compact enough to fold in van nicely too.

I may not need 450 litre that's true,but if get long summer day work or commercial jobs with limited tap access I felt it about bang on for what I want just now.

Thanks lads
I was used to a massively heavy aluminium one that came with the backpack (facelift) I use for cladding cleaning etc.

That slx 27 is light in comparison and while I often lug 3 part ladders around at mo,I can't see this pole being an issue.

The slx is compact enough to fold in van nicely too.

I may not need 450 litre that's true,but if get long summer day work or commercial jobs with limited tap access I felt it about bang on for what I want just now.
My only gripe with the tank is the time it takes to fill - It takes about 8.5 hours from empty to full with fairly high water pressure. Not always convenient every day haha.

Cheers @C Rose Cleaning Services my van sits right outside mine. There is a footpath between my gate and van..van sits right next to gate though.

So I'll still be able to safely fill that way ya think? Maybe a rubber cover over the hose line

Cheers @C Rose Cleaning Services my van sits right outside mine. There is a footpath between my gate and van..van sits right next to gate though.
So I'll still be able to safely fill that way ya think? Maybe a rubber cover over the hose line
Same here mate - my hose goes through my letterbox to the bathroom every night!

I just stick a cone over the hose by my front door so people are aware of it crossing the path to my van.

Chris33 if you are just filling your tank with tap water and purifying on demand as you work then it shouldn't take to long to fill your tank and opting for a 450 tank is the right option , I have a 400ltr flat tank which has served me well for almost 6 years but just increased capacity with two 25 litre containers for certain days .

Back