Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Additional 400gpd membrane on ro unit

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Phildeeney

I don't know if anyone can help I am receiving a 400gpd cannister and ro membrane tomorrow I was hoping to connect it in parallel to my current ro membranes which are 2x100 gpd. Will I be better off adding the new membrane first in line/ last in line or does it matter?

I don't know if anyone can help I am receiving a 400gpd cannister and ro membrane tomorrow I was hoping to connect it in parallel to my current ro membranes which are 2x100 gpd. Will I be better off adding the new membrane first in line/ last in line or does it matter?

Would I be correct in thinking that the new 400GPD housing you are getting tomorrow has 3/8" fittings?

Am I right in thinking that your existing r/o has 1/4" fittings and hose?

I once read that 1/4" hose will only support an r/o of 450GPD due to the small diameter of the hose. So from what I understand, you won't be able to add these 100 GPD membranes.

The prefilters will also be 1/4" so this will further complicate things. So in all honesty you need to get new prefilters as well. So I would upgrade the r/o properly and sell your original one on Ebay.

Not what you wanted to hear, but ................

-

Last edited by a moderator:
OK. At least they have 1/4" fittings. I could only find a housing using 3/8 but I looked at the suppliers and not on Ebay.

I'm not sure how interchangeable membranes are. At least you can experiment with waste to pure ratio if you have an adjustable waste valve.

Back