Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone used these 2 wfp ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ballistic

So i have shortlisted the following 2 wfp. Anyone used both and can comment on your experience with? They are same price and reach but one is way lighter.. maybe that alone should clinch the deal??

• the glyder 40 and the SLX II 35
  • they both cost same in canada.
  • both same working reach (glyder 40' and SLX 39' )
  • same price/ same reach..
  • the SLX way lighter at 4.62lbs... glyder 7.47lbs. Why is the glyder such a cow?
  • the glyder is nearly 3lbs heavier,
  • these 2 poles head to head... glyders ass gets kicked?

thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used a grafter (same brand) and although it was light, it felt cheap and filmsy, in my opinion gardiners poles are on a different level.

hmm yes thank you... i am starting to come to that same conclusion. Are there many Reach-it Mini fans here?

that is the only other im considering but sounds like clamps are a concern

I use a supermax 47 stripped down so its the same as an slx 35 & its awesome its easily light enough to use one handed above your head so I guess the working reach depends on your hight.

dunno about the glyder but my son reckons the 35 is easier to use than a clx 27

Stay away from reach it.
For a start perry tait can't be trusted, and the poles wear out very fast.
Hi Jonathan. I'd like to jump in here and state that the ONLY CF poles I have ever owned have been Reach-It. I owned the original mini, purchased 2012. Have the mini new and an X-Pole. Went through unaffected (on mine) with the UK 'Tuff Clamp' debacle and now have both poles kitted out with Rhino Clamps. My original mini I sold on to a chap who is very very rough with it and apart from the odd smashed clamp (which he admits liability for), it is still going strong with very little wear. The thing I find is that "Perry bashing" seems to be a favourite past time for some and a huge amount of that seems to be via 'chinese whispers'. The guy IS a pretty colourful character and certainly puts himself out there BUT I have found him a pleasure to deal with. His after sales service is second to none. His finished products are first class and he has never given me cause to mistrust him over that three years I have been doing business with him. His products continue to improve and be refined with each release and upgrading to current specs is always an option at reasonable prices.

For the record: my poles are Reach-It Mini Next Gen and X-Pole, I also have one of his 8 foot Photo Pro CF Poles that is my Trad Pole. For brushes I use Tecbuk on swivel (love it even if it is slightly bent), Reach-It Dual Trim on a Wagga Swivel and a Reach-It Blue Flagged on a fixed crank plus a Wagtail Jetstream. Pole hose is Rhino hose which is simply an outstanding hose and on a reel I have 150 metres of Gardiner Micro Bore. Don't use pure water or pump as I'm 70 Trad / 30 WFP and our town supply runs around 60-80 TDS and generally around 500 PSI.

Back