Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starter kit

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Chris33

Most of the links on starter kit are old and no longer available;

I would really like help with links to current recommended kits, including an extension pole. I'm worried if I mix the kit up its not all going to fit together basically, this is how basic my current knowledge is haha

Any help appreciated, looking for good kit, including ladders that would suit someone about 12 stone and five ten .

Chris

Unger kit now ordered including

1 x ErgoTec Squeegee 25cm (10")

1 x ErgoTec Squeegee 35cm (14")

1 x ErgoTec Applicator 25cm (10")

1 x ErgoTec Applicator 35 (14")

1 x 18 Litre Bucket

1 x Small MicroWipe

1 x Large MicroWipe

1 x ErgoTec Safety Scraper

1 x Pack 10 Blades

1 x OptiLoc 2 Part Extension Pole 2.5m

1 x 1 Litre Unger Liquid

1 x 90cm Soft Replacement Rubber

Also a more abrasive type washer for first cleans etc, and the unger belt kit. Just a ladder to decide on ☺

That's roughly what I ordered when I started in October , I went for the 3m double extension lyte ladder from midland ladders and it's been fine even though I sometimes wish I had gone for a double A frame!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I think he was reccomending a 'window cleaners point' A frame style ladder. They can be very versatile ladders and can help you reach a lot of Windows which would be a fiddle on a regular ladder... just make sure you buy something that is 'trade' rated at least...

Dont buy them telescopic ladders, they're shite.. Not tried them double a frames yet, look like they'd save you time and energy rather than having to carry about an extension ladder and a single a frame. But heard mixed things about them.

Hi Chris looks like you have most of it covered, but don't forget loads and loads of seal cloths.

Especially for them first cleans, you will use s**t loads on them, Plus extra scrim or micro fibre.

You could pick up some squirty bottles and chuck a bit of UBIK 2000 cleaner in them, this really brings up the frames and the bottle will hook on to you belt if you purchased the ergo-tec belt.

Good Luck

Thanks high tower and damo, looking at a frame ladders now ☺

Unit,yeah I got the ergo tec belt and the ninja holster I think it is. Will look at those extra clothes and I'd not even considered squirty bottles! thanks guys!!

Am ordering 6 25 litre containers for water though. 30 quid delivered from eBay.

you can just use cheap microfibre cloths for wiping frames and cills on first cleans, i buy a big pack of 36 for about £10, and you will need more scrim/microwipe cloths, i usually use 2 or 3 during the day swapping them around on the dashboard to keep them dry haha!

bet your going to have the cleanest windows in the street :thumbsup:

practice practice and more practice good luck @Chris33 loads of helpful guys on here if ya need help

All the best mate must be an exciting time for you onwards and upwards looks like you got all your gear sorted

Thanks Bazzer.

Can't wait to get started to be honest,have a pretty clear plan of what I want out of this as well. Sure that'll be more than tested though! Haha

Latest Posts

Back