Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just the top Windows cleaned please?!

Williams Jet Wash

Williams jet wash Services
hi all, doing gutter clean tomorrow new customer will want a price for just top Windows and he wants adding on my4 week round, I tried convincing him over phone that he may as well just go the whole hog, but he get waffling on about how he can still manage bottoms. My question is really my 4week clean price should be 10 quid whole house do I say just fiver? For tops only?!

I would just say you have to clean the lot or not bother

This used to happen years ago but I not heard anyone request this for a long time - tight ****

Just price it as if you were doing the whole thing, any less and it's not even worth turning up. Half the windows definitely does not mean half the price- your fuel, time, tools out, etc. I don't know any customer that will do the windows monthly, so I wouldn't want his shoddy work/lack of making me look bad.

I have a few customers that are tops only as a lot of my work is large Victorian houses and some of them are split into flats.

I do have loads in the road so no travel or fuel costs.

I charge 80% of what the whole house would be as its the tops that require all the hard work - ladder positioning, climbs etc (unsure if you trad or WFP)

Let's be honest - if you say to the guy it's £8 or for £2 more I'm willing to clean everything I can't see him turning it down -

Unless he's an absolute tight wad!!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

This happened years ago, and I have noticed it's creeping back in, I just say I'm really sorry, I don't do just upstairs. The reason being the tops will be spotless, downstairs could be dirty or cleaned rubbish, and when people see them that way it's the usual thing, from people, I thought you had a window cleaner! And they never let on the only have upstairs cleaned, then it makes you look bad, so it's a no from me

MINIMUM PRICING!

That's no problem sir, happy to do it. It still falls under our minimum price of £12 weather we do the bottoms or not so up to you sir.

If he still wants bottoms only and is paying full whack who cares?

I had a regular £20 customer. Done it for ages then she asked if I could do just the tops for half the money. I said u do the tops and I will do the bottoms if u think there's no more work in doing the tops. We finally agreed that I will do the tops for £15

I had a regular £20 customer. Done it for ages then she asked if I could do just the tops for half the money. I said u do the tops and I will do the bottoms if u think there's no more work in doing the tops. We finally agreed that I will do the tops for £15
[emoji38] [emoji106]

wouldnt bother as if someone sees u doing tops and thinks oh i get him then walks past at later date and bottoms stinking they say wont bother he no good

I do have a minimum of £10 I don't think it's tight with him he's just got this thing in his head about still being able bodied thanks all for advice I will tell him it will be a tenner and if he complains then I will just say no worries then

just do tops, if wfp tell him there will be water droplets apearing on his windows on the bottom. he may rather clean them himself saving a couple of quid.

If it happens to me they are picky,I just price it near 80% of the full house , then offers them a " deal price " for the lot only 20% extra, ( just normal price ) then they feel they got themselves a bargain and I just got myself a regular customer. /emoticons/biggrin.png Did it the other day ..

Something similar happened to me the other day also.

Guy asked for a price which I gave him (top & bottom -£12)

He replied "no not just the top windows - top and bottom!"

To which I replied "oh okay!! top AND bottom - that's quite a bit more - £20 the lot"

/emoticons/biggrin.png:D

i do a few of these . iv never had a problem with them. whats funny is that these pennypinchers usually come undone in a big way. for example "you cant just pull that bit of grass out of that gutter while up there?

oh no,we need the big ladder for that ,seperate job

ahh ok,

then we find the downpipes totally blocked -look,do you want it doing,im fraid its gonna cost ££xyz

yeah i am trad atm as just starting out and building my round so i haven't got to worry about water falling to bottom windows but i have gota worry about getting my ladder off van and cleaning tops this takes time /emoticons/sad.png

I would just say you have to clean the lot or not botherThis used to happen years ago but I not heard anyone request this for a long time - tight ****
Would'ent entertaine it

hi all, doing gutter clean tomorrow new customer will want a price for just top Windows and he wants adding on my4 week round, I tried convincing him over phone that he may as well just go the whole hog, but he get waffling on about how he can still manage bottoms. My question is really my 4week clean price should be 10 quid whole house do I say just fiver? For tops only?!
Would'ent even entertaine it must be a very small house for £10 anyway but if you have to do it i would charge a minimum of £10 for tops if your vehicle is signed up then i would cover it up as i would'ent want any one else thinking i had only done half a job as that could prove detrimental to your good name

MINIMUM PRICING!
That's no problem sir, happy to do it. It still falls under our minimum price of £12 weather we do the bottoms or not so up to you sir.

If he still wants bottoms only and is paying full whack who cares?
Do you give em invoices for £12 or is it cash or GoCardless payment?

I only do invoices minimun Is 100€ but i do add more Jobs on one invoice.

No point getting ladders off the van for a fiver mate unless your next door already, hit him with a min charge of £10/£12 and offer to do the bottoms for no extra charge on 4 weekly.

Latest Posts

Back