Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Conny roof inside and out as well as rest of conny - self cleaning???

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I worked with a guy who started at sainsburys warehouse at 17 and retired at 65..only company he ever worked for

Died within 6 months of retirement

He liked a drink anyway but i think it was boredom that got him

thats good to hear. its not about the money i bet , its about mental and physical well being is why hes doin it.

not sure bout the Saturdays tho.

There is an old boy round here who has apparently been cleaning the same area since before i was born

He don't drive and i see him walking around with his ladders

The site agent at the allotment knows him and says he has a few sets of ladders strategically placed with people he knows in the area so he don't have to walk far with them

Good on ya mate

Looks like i need to wear long sleeves and keep covered.

I am going to wipe down the wood frames with a simple solution to clean it and the soap up the applicator and trad the inside as normal,, just worried about the wet as carpet in there. What do you guys use to clean wood frames, what cloth and what solution.

Is there any threads on here that inform whats best to use on frames etc.. For newbies like me its so vital to learn info and methods asap.

There is an old boy round here who has apparently been cleaning the same area since before i was bornHe don't drive and i see him walking around with his ladders

The site agent at the allotment knows him and says he has a few sets of ladders strategically placed with people he knows in the area so he don't have to walk far with them

Good on ya mate
Thats quality.

That's how most wise trad guys work.

Mind you I've come across a few ppl peed off where the last windy use to leave a set of ladders at their house:D

I'm also aware of one lad and his missus catching the bus to get about carrying telescopic ladders & poles etc to do window cleaning too.:rolleyes:

Far play to them I say as where there is a will there is always a way as they say

Hi, when I go to clean a conservatory, full clean in and out, what procedure would you take doing it traditional way, or shouldI say not using a water fed pole with pure water.

I was thinking along these lines and if I am wrong it would be good to hear from you guys whom have far more experience than myself.

1) start at top and spray some cleaning liquid on all over and let settle in. (what liquids are good to use, I was going to use soapy water with ecover and flash in it) would you recommend that, remebering I am just starting out and need funds to get the proper equipment I want going forward.

2) I will use a car wash brush used through a hose providign just water, dipping in the brush head in to ecover soapy water and scrubbing the top of the conny going downwards in sections and then washing off. Or would you just wash it all down, i only worry the saop will spot in.

3) Once washed I will rinse off and the re applicate with my unger pole and monsoon pad with saopy ecover water, then squeegee the panels down with ue of angle adaptor.

3) then do same for the windows on the side of conny etc...

3) If the conny is wood based is there certain liquids not to use or is ecover and flash ok for now?

Inside the conny, I will use soapy water again and trade the windows and wipe down the wood with sill cloths after using cloth to wsh down, is ecover ok to use? or any thing else better. I am doing this on a budget, but have half decent set up already really, just need to invest in a better pole system that dispensing detergent and water etc..

Thank you guys, sorry if the list is a little hazey. I just wonder whats the best way so the water does not set in and spot, but if i do panel by panel, the water is going to splash a little on other dry one so working out whats the best route. HELP! lol

P.S Does anyone know of a good solution that is not to costly that is good and safe to put on a conny roof with upvc and wood that atacks the dirts and makes easier to clean, I do see some on the market but would be good to take some pointers form here. Want to keep to the lower end market ones for now while I am starting, but one thats ok to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree Davey, but imagine being a teenager with a load of work dropping in your lap and by your twenties seeing it grow and employing. I know an old boy in his 70's and he has 7 vans on the road. I asked him why he didn't retire and he said he'd probably drop down dead if he did :confused:
I agree with that. Work keeps you alive. What the government wants is for you to work all your life and die at 65 like sainsubry's man over there. Scrap that.

I had no idea what I was doing on my first conservatory clean so you sound like you have thought it through ok.

Best of luck :thumbsup:

Hi, when I go to clean a conservatory, full clean in and out, what procedure would you take doing it traditional way, or shouldI say not using a water fed pole with pure water.
I was thinking along these lines and if I am wrong it would be good to hear from you guys whom have far more experience than myself.

1) start at top and spray some cleaning liquid on all over and let settle in. (what liquids are good to use, I was going to use soapy water with ecover and flash in it) would you recommend that, remebering I am just starting out and need funds to get the proper equipment I want going forward.

2) I will use a car wash brush used through a hose providign just water, dipping in the brush head in to ecover soapy water and scrubbing the top of the conny going downwards in sections and then washing off. Or would you just wash it all down, i only worry the saop will spot in.

3) Once washed I will rinse off and the re applicate with my unger pole and monsoon pad with saopy ecover water, then squeegee the panels down with ue of angle adaptor.

3) then do same for the windows on the side of conny etc...

3) If the conny is wood based is there certain liquids not to use or is ecover and flash ok for now?

Inside the conny, I will use soapy water again and trade the windows and wipe down the wood with sill cloths after using cloth to wsh down, is ecover ok to use? or any thing else better. I am doing this on a budget, but have half decent set up already really, just need to invest in a better pole system that dispensing detergent and water etc..

Thank you guys, sorry if the list is a little hazey. I just wonder whats the best way so the water does not set in and spot, but if i do panel by panel, the water is going to splash a little on other dry one so working out whats the best route. HELP! lol

P.S Does anyone know of a good solution that is not to costly that is good and safe to put on a conny roof with upvc and wood that atacks the dirts and makes easier to clean, I do see some on the market but would be good to take some pointers form here. Want to keep to the lower end market ones for now while I am starting, but one thats ok to use.

For the inside make sure it's cleared of all blinds, furniture and clutter so you have a clear area to work in. If it's carpeted you can ask for that to be removed too or put down a tarp to help protect it.

Cheers smurf and boarcity,

Well, I cleaned the conservatory and i started on top by washing it down and getting the cap off so it was all clear, then I used a tele brush and dipped it in soap and brushed it down, the rinsed it off with water and the i used aplicator with soap on and wiped in and then squeegee off, it was ok, left some smears but they would not go, it was damp air and condensation was there too. I left a few marks on as they were concreat from work done, it would not budge and i did nto want to dmage window. It was like stuck in, so bad. I cleaned the rest down and window cleaned as usual the windows on sides, then done inside by aplicator on pole and squeegee off and cleaned and wiped all sills and frames. It look so much better thna before. My stuff was brown and I had to wash the applicator out so may times while working as so much smoke inside it was hazey to look out, wow that stuff is hard to clear. Anyway, cleared all up and lef tit looking so much better, the frames and sills inside and out were perfect and windows in the main really good, just the top ones as there glass and proper glass to look out, so had to get them clean as possible, but some smears would not shift. Still my first clean and it looks really good to what it was and felt fresh after the smoke haze had gone.

4 hours it took just over. WOW, i have learnt alot but would like to learn more. If anyone has a kit list they use or style they do it in I would love to no, I just hope I get some more custys now as it is slow starting, only 2 so far and flyered alot, need to get out full on flyering and door knocking now.

Smurf, your comment made me feel better, as I got there and though "wow I dont really no what I am doing yet but I no ill put effort in and get there, so hearing someone like yourslef say you did not know what you was going to do on your first conny was good to hear lol, as you know your sh$t now.

Thanks everyone for your tips etc. much appriciated and this site is so dam helpful to people like myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top man for getting stuck in... well done you :thumbsup:
Thanks smurf and Dave. I kinda come home and was thinking about the forum and wish I was at the skills of you guys and had the right equipment or new what a a good set is and start buying it in, I would feel more confident. Still, learnt alot today. Also not to buy cheap car hose fed brush, they just dont last and it started spraying water at me from a link, need to fo find a good washer system, the karcher do a good one and conservatory kit. Not to sure what you all use, I dont have water fed pole etc, maybe one day.

Latest Posts

Back