Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best DuPont brush for bug and insect marks

• Thread starter Deleted member 5762
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

D

Deleted member 5762

This is probably dependent on all sorts of factors, but which DuPont brushes does everyone recommend for those insect, bug and bee pollen marks that are a bugger to get off windows please? I use soft flocked brushes quite alot, but have been using a medium-soft Gardiner Ultimate recently as it is very good on frames and windows that start to get green marks as the weather gets wetter. The only issue I'm having is the extra scrubbing required for some insect marks and those little bee pollen splodges that are difficult to clean. A couple of YouTube videos seem to recommend using a DuPont brush, but I'm not sure which one to pick. Many thanks for anybody's advice or opinions.

We have a scraper on our poles for those, takes a few seconds to turn the pole round and scrape them off. Very good for bad bird strikes as well, just remember to stop your flow before doing it ?
This advice sounds like it’s coming from someone that’s stood on the pole hose & turned the univalve back on while scrubbing said strike ?

This advice sounds like it’s coming from someone that’s stood on the pole hose & turned the univalve back on while scrubbing said strike ?
It happens. It's the nature of the beast.

In my youth, I ran a compressor and spray gun sales and service department. I often used to go into the workshop and help the mechanic if he was busy during quieter sales periods. I would often grab a spray gun, strip it down, soak it in acetone thinners and evaluate what parts were needed to fully repair it. Once assembled, we would fill the paint container with water, couple up an airline and pull the trigger.

I lost count of the number of times nothing happened with the first pull of the trigger. Instinctively, I would turn the gun around to check to make sure the needle was pulling back from the fluid tip. It would invariably spray water in my face when doing this. It used to catch me every time, but for some unknown reason I continued to do it.

Our mechanic once said he thought it was a good thing it wasn't a fire arm, as I would have only done it once.:giggle::giggle:

Latest Posts

Back