Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Got My Biggest Commercial Job So Far

WCF

Help Support WCF:

koopmaster

I have 2 commercial jobs so far and I decided to clean them both yesterday. then I got a call asking if I can go quote a business. I said ok give me a hour, I didn’t think it would be much just a small high street window but I went anyway.

when I drove past the high street I thought, mm its a house...?? then the lady came out and said its a old age home and she was the new manageress.

she said the old windy was there and he charged £175 for the outside and a few inside windows and he was there for 45 minutes, and she thought she was being well overcharged...

so I quoted her £70 since I can see it will only take a hour and a bit and she was happy. she said he had the contract for all the old age homes in our area but she was going to go speak to management and get me the business.

I dont like taking work from someone else but she thinks hes been doing it so long and overcharging so much hes just doing a **** job.

If he looses this contract perhaps he will stop being so complacent...

Some folk think they can charge whatever they want mate, if he realises he's got competition he might buck his ideas up a bit.

Well in though, you keep takin em mate.

Back