Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Round adjustment advice needed.

i find one way is to offer either a 4 or 6 weekly. folk jump at the 6 ,thinking theyre getting a bargain. anyone with OCD beggin for 4 gets told its 6 or nothin, but told in a nice way

if youre genuinely struggling to get to everybody in time,backing up work god youll be in sh/tstreet jus like gibbo above

well its time to take stock and a long hard look at yourself. is it cos youre slow cos youre too big, oh you luv the pies but summat gotta go,how bout that belly for starters . or praps you can employ, that Should get things on track.

I agree boar....8 weeklys are harder work and take longer than 4 weekly........the big thing Is being able to stop that drift.
Trouble is 8 weeklys can slip to 12 weekly if you have a bad patch, weather wise. So its better not to get too many customers.

i find one way is to offer either a 4 or 6 weekly. folk jump at the 6 ,thinking theyre getting a bargain. anyone with OCD beggin for 4 gets told its 6 or nothin, but told in a nice way
if youre genuinely struggling to get to everybody in time,backing up work god youll be in sh/tstreet jus like gibbo above

well its time to take stock and a long hard look at yourself. is it cos youre slow cos youre too big, oh you luv the pies but summat gotta go,how bout that belly for starters . or praps you can employ, that Should get things on track.
My belly Is as flat as a pancake boar. I just have too many customers. It kind of creeps up on you....every week,a few more and then before you know it, you are inundated. I just need a major cull like posh and Spcleaning.

It's useful to work out your current job value average. By removing low value work your average goes up, you have less customers to keep happy and you get around on time. Then only take on high value work. Thats what I am doing. It is better to have 100 customers at £40 than 267 at £15 (adjust prices to fit your area)

i wouldnt cull. id employ. well you might say thats grief and AT FIRST it really is grief but then you pass the point where its not, its like buying a wild horse that you cant catch its a fookin nuisance and your family is laffin at you , but once its tame you really enjoy owning it, thats how having employees feels to me .

I plan to build my round 4 or 8 weekly, but have 3 days a week i will call "blue **** fly"

So mon-wed - blue **** fly days, 9am-5pm lets say 15-20 jobs per day

Thurs/friday can be mostly for extra work ( i also do car valeting) occasionally for catching up if weather is bad on blue **** fly days or maybe the odd day off

can also be used to cram work in when i fancy a weeks holiday

i wont be working weekends coz saturday i have my kids and sunday is cycling/fishing day

200 custies per 4 weeks at £10-£15 per house will be my target for the end of this year

i have work to do i am on 35 custies i think o_O

I plan to build my round 4 or 8 weekly, but have 3 days a week i will call "blue **** fly"

Thurs/friday can be mostly for extra work ( i also do car valeting) occasionally for catching up if weather is bad on blue **** fly days or maybe the odd day off

i wont be working weekends coz saturday i have my kids and sunday is cycling/fishing day

200 custies per 4 weeks at £10-£15 per house will be my target for the end of this year

thats good to have a plan,a target . better than just opening the floodgates letting any old sh/te onto the round

You need a plan/goal to work towards

It helped me when I got the grant off the council as i had to do a proper business plan with forecasts etc

Proper dragons den it was

But having a goal set in stone stops you dragging your heels when it's cold and wet and you don't fancy going out door knocking

It just doesn't work like that, sorry.

The key in my opinion, is how do you want to portray your business, from the sound of how you have it set up you customers don't really have a clue when you're going to show up.

My round is run to a 'once a month' 4 week system also - 1st monday, 2nd tuesday, 3rd wednesday etc of each month that way the client knows exactly which day you are due (this helps for the ones that want to leave your cash under the mat or plant pot) also helps them get in the habit of leaving gates open etc. It works real nice for clients as it gets them into habit.

For the customers that want every other month I charge an extra £2 so if the regular price is £8 I charge them £10 and if they want three months I charge again upto whatever I think they will pay.

Also whilst none of us like to dump customers when we start out building a round sometimes we agree prices too cheaply just to get a few extra customers. These you either need to dump or bring their prices up to a fair rate. (Government budget announcements are a good time for this) Also all the once that are a pain in the **** to collect payment from need to go as by the time you have done the windows gone back two or three times (In some cases more) to try and collect are they really worth it?

Both George and CleanerPlanner run scheduling options for how I have mentioned setting it up and both run 30 day free trials.

I also have letters drawn up explaining to customers when their windows will be done and how frequently so if you want a copy as a blueprint to modify for your round feel free to message me for one.

Anyhow I have probably gone way off track and waffled too much, good luck.

Back