Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Broke section on gardiners extreme 22 ft

WCF

Help Support WCF:

darryn71

Had a bad day today broke a section on my carbon fibre extreme 22ft pole there was a sash open on 1 of my windows slightly tried to push shut and pole snapped very thin inside when broke in two i know why they are so light now cost of a replacement section £ 105 totally gutted

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Version 2 with metal bands mate
I'm not sure that version was ever any good, I snapped mine pushing a window too. I sold the sections on and licked my wounds. It was not out for long?

Months on I got the v3 and have had 6 months use from it. (I'll be happy with a year) It seems to be far better without the bands.

Sorry for your loss, I remember the hurt

It just seems it has went so brittle when snapped it was my last job of the day wonder if mr gardiner could give me some sort of reduction on price i am sure spares will just be gathering dust as they dont sell them anymore

It just seems it has went so brittle when snapped it was my last job of the day wonder if mr gardiner could give me some sort of reduction on price i am sure spares will just be gathering dust as they dont sell them anymore
Did it snap right by the band?

email Alex, he didn't replace mine but is fair if there's evidence of a fault. That said you've posted you closed a window with it. Doh.

In all fairness to Alex he has always maintained that the Xtreme range, whilst lighter and more rigid are not as robust as the SLX range and need to be treated more carefully. If you have a lot of windows that need closing I'd stick with an SLX. I'm currently trialling my first Xtreme. So far it's been a great pole. I have pushed a few windows shut with it but only using forward force not lateral force. If that proves too much for it then it'll likely be back to an SLX for me too.

Back