Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Stupid Design - How?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

This enquiry just came through my website. Before I go out to give a quote I usualy look on google maps to get a rough idea what the job is going to be like. How on earth would you go about clearing blocked guttering and downspouts at the back of this 2 storey house? :rolleyes:

Do not ppl think how awkward it would be with that design extetion to do any maintenace on guttering then they go sticking a bloody conservatory in the way too /emoticons/biggrin.png

View attachment 1656

Lol rather you than me on that I think, although maps is usually a bit out of date so you never know when you get there lol

CNS It’s a newish house (6 year old build) which I’m familiar with after doing other jobs in that area. The gutter gap is also very narrow and being black guttering the joints are susceptible to coming apart too and start leaking due to gutter creep as they are generally badly fitted. So on that one will be stuffed if anyone cocks it up as would need to hire a boom lift (on driveway) or elaborate scaffolding to put right.

Got a funny feeling they will be quite shocked whoever gives them a quote. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Anyone up for a challenge? :rolleyes:

Lol rather you than me on that I think, although maps is usually a bit out of date so you never know when you get there lol

I will still go out and inspect the job and then give a quote as I'm always up for a challenge. It separates the men from the boy’s dont you know. /emoticons/biggrin.png

However after saying that I don't think they will like my price very much somehow? :rolleyes:

Maybe you could use a guttervac but might struggle getting it in the gap. Also any sods up there especially in the corners will be a bugger to clear properly.

Indeed H, will know more on Sat when I pop over to do the survey & quote. /emoticons/wink.png

Custy wants an exterior deep clean of that property so will be worth a few hundred quid :rolleyes:

Lovely jubbly /emoticons/biggrin.png

444-DELBOYakaSteveRooney.JPG

This time next year rodders we're be millionaires /emoticons/smile.png

Completed that job yesterday and even got a £10 tip for my troubles /emoticons/smile.png

Rather you than me. A couple of those windows look hard enough to clean, never mind the guttereing around that conservatory! Well done for getting it cleaned.

Back