Best start up WFP systems? HELP!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Gleam Windows, Mar 13, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gentleman,

So far this forum has proved very helpful in trying to develop my business idea and I'm very grateful for all the feedback. I'm sold on the idea of a water fed pole system but because I'm starting on a limited budget and have no customer base of yet I feel the trolley system in a car is the best start. It's a bit mind boggling trying to find one that is a good starter and found a company below which I think offers value & will do the job. They offer a 25ft pole & brush, the system to purify the water at home, four additional barrels and the trolley system below with motor etc at £650 as a starter offer.

Can I ask the groups thoughts please on this set up& how many standard sized houses do you think I would get out of the 50 litres and the additional four barrels at 25 litres each if I can load the car up with that little lot ever day?

Any feedback would be good,

2. mark m

mark m Hero

Feb 22, 2012
    i would go for one of these trolley they are great and get a gardiner pole and brush
  3. chip

chip Guru

Jan 16, 2012
    looking at the 2 i'd favor marks choice, if for no other reason than the brodex being a 50 ltr tank, wheeling 50 ltrs about can be a tad grueling, and if you do a job and don't use much then lifting it into the car is nothing short of a labour of hercules, my trolley holds 50ltrs but is in 2 barrels where i don't think that is.
    incidently you could diy a trolley for about 200 quid. do you know if you need an ro?
  4. do you know if you need an ro? (?)
    Yes I had considered the weight issue. 50 Litres plus the weight of machine is big I agree. Thanks for link I will call them today.
    Any other advice from other members?
  5. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Brodex customer service is absolutely shocking, delivery times are ridiculous, and the quality of their poles isnt great either, so i wouldnt go with that option if i were you!.
    Personally i would go diy every time, regardless of whether it was a trolley system or a van system, no question.
    I keep on trying to tell people on here, there is nothing complicated about a wfp system at all, there is only 1 mechanical part, (the pump) and that is self contained, so just buy one. The chassis for most of the trolley systems you can buy, is simply a slightly modified sack truck. Look on ebay if you want to find out how cheap they are!. I'm assuming you already have the means to purify your water since you are looking at the brodex trolley (which doesnt purify), so all you need is the sack truck, a pump, a pump controller, and a battery. Oh, and, of course, a pole! (gardiners).