Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

hello...in need of some advice on di vessels

Jimmy Gleam

hi there,just joined here

Been trad window cleaning for about 3 yrs and recently decided to change to WFP, invested in a trolley system,have water containers , 5l of mixed bed resin and TDS meter.

i was under the impression it would be as simple as mixing resin with tap water and away you go lol

i was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to give me some advice on the water purifing process??

as i say i have 5l of mixed bed resin to be going on with,does it mater what size di vessel you have can you half fill them with resin and get results?? i have tested a cup of water and my TDS reading says its 86 ppm i understand this is low enough to not require a RO unit is that right?? would i be best buying a small di vessel to get going?...any advice would be welcome as i've taken on a few extra customers and i'm hoping to keep them going and not lose them.....thanks guys.

was also wandering if anyone had any good links to di vessels....anyone know how many litres you could produce from a 5l bag of resin roughly?

Hi @Jimmy Gleam, you'll need an 11L vessel at least I'd say. You will be better off buying a 25L bag of Tulsion MB-115 resin. There is a guy on eBay from Banbury or Brackley, who sells re-conditioned vessels. When you start making a lot of pure you will probably need to buy a second vessel to run the water through to save your resin. Hope I've answered some of your questions.

yes get a funnel, i use my mothers kitchen spatula and it takes ages plus she always has a go about me using that spatula, she actually bought a new spatula because i kept using the old one, well last time i went to her houise to fill up i could only find new one and used it, only went and lost it, received a text later that day "DO NOT USE MY STUFF DOWN THE CELLAR!" lol. she went mad

but i digress

cheers guys, if i'm buying an empty di vesseldo they usually come with everything needed other than the resin? like the fittings and pump things also how long does it usually take to produce the pure water is it a instant thing or would you have to prepare the day before kinda thing??

i'm looking to spend around £50-£60 on a di vessel and get away with using my 5l bag of resin before buying a bigger bag...would this work or am i better buying a filled vessel with resin and saving the resin i've got for later? wondering if i might be making a mistake in trying to get started as soon as possible.

A 5 litre bag will fill a 5 litre vesseletc

So if you get a 11 litre vessel buy a 25l bag and you will get 2 fills with a little left over

As mentioned get 2 vessels eventually and You will get more out of your resin

would a 4.6l vessel be a waste of time? or does it not make much difference to how long your resin lasts?? i presume the bigger the vessel the longer the resin lasts given the difference in prices? anyone know how much water i'd get out of a 5l resin using a 4.6 vessel ?? just trying to work out expense and costs

@Jimmy Gleam

Do you have an outside tap? If you do a normal hose with hoselock connections will connect these vessels. Heres a link to some cheap vessels. look at the sizes on them. get the best size you can so it will last you longer between changes.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/divessel/m.html?item=151634166389&hash=item234e19c275&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

You can get good resin from here. get the tulsion MB115 resin. you could get another 5 litres for £25 or 10 litres for £40

SEE 2nd one down, various sizes

http://www.daqua.co.uk/resins.htm

got myself a 4.6 ltr di vessel in the end, i've filled the vessel 3 quarters full of resin and topped up with tap water...tested the water that came out, it read at 0 00ppm ...job done i thought....seem to be getting quite bad spotting on the windows after a few test runs.......anyone know why thyis might be happening?? do you have to pump water through your vessel for a while before you put it in your storage containers?? i've heard soap under the sill might make them spot but it does seem quite bad

Are you giving the frames a good wash?if not muck will drop down onto the glass first time wfp always takes a while getting all frames clean I usually do the frames on a new house then go to the next door neighbour then go back when frames dry you only need to put effort in first clean after that you'll be flying!!!

Also makes sure rinsing well that's inportant

Back