Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which Poles & Brushes?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paul1

Hi again guys after finally deciding that an on demand ro di trolley will be best for me due to been on a water meter at home and having no real storage or garage etc, just wondering now what poles and brushes you guys would recommend ???

I was looking at going with gardiners poles but can anyone recommend which to go for and what size and what brushes and size to go for also? I will be cleaning windows alittle but also mainly gutter/fascia cleaning and conservatories etc...

Any advice appreciated please?

cheers

Paul

The only issue I have with gardiner poles is that you can't buy just one pole for all jobs but you can buy extra sections to make whatever you bought longer if you wanted /emoticons/biggrin.png

I'm on about taking sections of quickly you don't need and putting them back on when you do instead of having 2-3 poles in the van.

If you're comparing poles like-for-like ie...internal pole-hose, then Gardiner poles are as quick as any pole to add sections or take sections off.

I just depends on you current and future customer base.

My son manages with an slx25 for virtually all his customers. He only needs an slx40 for one of them.

If I didn't have that pole then he just wouldn't take the job or tell the customer that he couldn't reach that window - 'simples'.

TBH we only need the pole 4 or 5 times a month and for a big commercial job once a year. For the rest of the time I manage with my slx22.

SLX-22 is a good all day pole. If you're going to be cleaning plastics as well as windows and only want one brush then I would buy the Gardiners dual trim medium mixed and I would put both pencil and fan jets in it. A sill brush is better for cleaning plastics, but I can't get on with them when cleaning windows, but I do have a slight hoard of brushes to pick from for every job /emoticons/smile.png

So what should I go for? Length, model. Brushes etc ?
Thanks

Brushes?

Difficult one.

I like the extreme medium mixed bristles for maintenance cleans. They are also great for leaded windows. I have this brush on my clx22.

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brushes/xtreme-window-cleaning-brushes-105g-165g.html

I have a sill brush on my slx22 which I like as my day to day brush.

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brushes/super-lite-radius-sill-brushes/the-super-litear-radius-sill-brush-dual-trim-medium-mixed-bristles.html

I also like the Superlite dual trim brush for first cleans.

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brushes/super-lite-window-cleaning-brushes-245g-270g/the-super-litear-brush-dual-trim-medium-white-bristles.html

22ft is idel size for standerd houses i think its best to have 3 poles 1 22ft one 35ft an 1 50ft that way your coverd for every job im not a fan of adding sections ect for different jobs i like the speed of just grabing the rite size pole for the job an extend takes to long faffing around adding sections taking them bk off ect sod that just my view tho:thumbs:[delusional]

Latest Posts

Back