Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

just getting going

Chris Finley

hi thought id say hello guys as ive been reading the forum for a while and have found lots on here very useful. thought id share my setup and see what you thought.

ive obviously starting out mostly traditional cleaning and have mixture of brands, mostly unger stuff as I have found it to be quite good. all the usual stuff ie: applicators,squeegees,lots of scrim,bucket,holsters & belts,scraper etc. I use glimmer clean instead of say washing up liquid I find it dries much better leaving no streaks, I get it from soap international 5 litre tubs.

I have recently bought some water fed equipment as this will hopefully get me off the ladders for the most part, and seems to be the way forward with window cleaning now. I have a gardners clx22, gardners backpack which I have strapped to a foldable trolley, 200l water butt & 6 water containers. the ro system was the last thing to get as im in a hard water area, and I thought id go for a big system as this will grow with my business and I didn't want to wait ages for the water production. so I have brought a 4040 membrane in stainless steel housing, 3 stage pre filter, and 11.7l di resin vessel. il get some hose and connectors and ive been told it should kick out 130l an hour, maybe more if my water pressure is good, which I think is. looking forward to seeing how well it performs. the water fed equipment was £445.00 I hope I got a good price....? i did look at the cheaper 450gpd systems but was worried it would take long time to fill tank and it would put me off wfp work. maybe ive gone over the top but thought it would be more cost effective in the long run... we'll see.

now I just need more customers to pay for it all!

chris

welcome Chris Finley reading that i dont think theres much i could tell you.....good luck with your future and keep us all informed...ps i think you got a good price for the wfed equip.../emoticons/smile.png

Sound good but could be overkill, I have a 200gpd ro di and can keep 1000 litre tank full while my 400l van tank is being used

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sound good but could be overkill, I have a 200gpd ro di and can keep 1000 litre tank full while my 400l van tank is being used
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
yeh i was wondering if it was a typo...../emoticons/smile.png

Back