Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Need Some Advice, Help !

WCF

Help Support WCF:

the backpack has got battery built in people say it lasts u a good 12 months after constant use /emoticons/smile.png so not bad their... plus u can replace it for 15 quid anyway so dont worry about the battery

u gotta check your water reading before u think about purifying

buy a tds meter first mate then think about wfp if not just go traditional if thats wat u like

Hi Posh, can I ask Re the wfp packpack, is that battery operated or manual. Also how can I turn tap water into pure water, what is the process. Cheers
The backpack is battery operated. Charge it up & should last a good few hours depending how long you use it.

I'm not expert on pure water but basically I connect a hose to my tap which is then connected to a DI (what size DI is up to you but mine is 4.5 litre) add 5 litres of resin in the DI. Connect hose on the outlet connection. Run water through (I tend to trickle mine as that gets my water down to between 000 & 003. And I run it into a 25litre can.

Hi Posh,excuse my ignorance. what make and model backpack would be best to look at ?what will it cost. And what does DI stand for? where can I buy the backpack, DI and resin from,do you have a web site. Cheers

Hi Posh,excuse my ignorance. what make and model backpack would be best to look at ?what will it cost. And what does DI stand for? where can I buy the backpack, DI and resin from,do you have a web site. Cheers
This is a great place to start with backpacks etc.

http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/shop/index.php?option=com_aceshop&route=product/product&path=131_248&product_id=1377&Itemid=73

Worth having a good look on there and reading about DI/RO systems just to give you an idea what it all does.

Typical RO: http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/shop/index.php?option=com_aceshop&route=product/product&path=93_26&product_id=2832&Itemid=73

(will remove an average 97-99% of tap water contaminants.)

Typical DI: http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/shop/index.php?option=com_aceshop&route=product/product&path=93_60&product_id=742&Itemid=73

http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/shop/index.php?option=com_aceshop&route=product/product&path=93_57&product_id=1220&Itemid=73 (refill the DI tank with this stuff)

If you use an RO then will need a DI (Deionises and 'polishes' the water) as well.

As others have said, worth finding out your TDS reading to see if it's worth just having a DI. RO units tend to be used more in areas with harder water and a higher TDS reading, however RO units do produce waste water too. Lots of things to consider!

Hope that's of some use! /emoticons/smile.png

I got the orange one from window cleaning warehouse. It holds 16 litres. A lot of people have gone for the big boy holds 22 litres. I also got an 18 litre one off eBay £99 plus £10p&p & that's a good one to. Window cleaning warehouse one was £140 inc delivery. A DI is a little pot looking thing with a inlet & outlet which you put resin in and run tap water through it to get pure water. You can get them at the window cleaning warehouse to but prob cheaper on eBay.

No I don't have a web site. To be honest have never needed one. I use flyers or knock but now just pick up new custies just by them seeing me or my van.

I started very cheapy with wfp and am quiet happy with my little set up. Bought the cheaPest trolley I could find, extent2wash was where it came from, about £270 delivered, and bought a 26ft carbon pole, about £140 from local cleaning suppliers. And 10 20 litre barrels. Then I just buy my water daily, but do need to look at making my own as it would save me time runnin back and forth

Hi Mike -
I started out writing you an answer to a lot of your questions above but then realised it could be good for anyone starting out! So thanks for the inspiration - anyway, here's a link so you can have a read - it should hopefully make everything a lot clearer - any questions, give me a shout

https://www.windowcleaningforums.co.uk/topic/7124-getting-started-in-window-cleaning-a-4-page-primer/#entry101664
Hi Kips,thanks for taking the time. Was also wondering re trad cleaning what type of ladder would you recommend.I willjust be concentrating on 3 bed type houses. I really want to know make,2 or 3 section ladders and what height should I be looking for closed and open ? Thanks

With £600 I'd go trad

Roof bars

Ladder

Ladder clamps

Bucket with lid

Mops

Squeegees

Scrims

Micro fibre cloths

Scraper

Cloth pouch

Flyers or business cards

Sun glasses

Ecover

Have a few goes at home then go out knocking and build up your customers. It's not as easy to make the amount of money some people claim to make and it will take time to grow.

Good luck

Back