Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Traditional pole info needed

WCF

Help Support WCF:

bazzer

hi guys i am thinking of tradding downstairs windows (wfp at moment) it seems a few on here use wagtail flipper on pole could someone tell me please which pole and what size channel is best for domestic work also best place to buy from i come on here most nights and read stuff but am not very good at typing so i suppose im classed as a lurker lol just dont tell the wife anyway any info would be really appreciated thanks

If you want to trad with a pole a wagtail slimline flipper is best

If you modify the channel it works a dream and can 0 detail on a pole

Or you can put a liquidator channel straight into the handle and attach the velcro clips for the scrubber pad and not need to modify the channel

Watch Bob's ( polzn bladz ) new vid on youtube (the only one on there at the mo and see how it is done

He helped me to get to 0 detailing on a pole as detailing is what slows you down tradding

12" channel i use as i find it is the best compromise. .not too small for bigger glass and not too big for small openers

thanks for that daveyboy will follow advice 0 detailing sounds good and 12" channel sounds good too just one other thing mate which pole would you get and where from gonna check polzn bladz vid he **** hot with pole and squeegee cheers matey

its just a few houses that i still trad and too good to let go sojust fancy a go poling them

Nothing wrong with using your trad skills now and then

I know if my wfp gear packed up I could grab my pole and tools and still do a days work without a ladder

Tradding is a skill that took years to perfect to my standard and i am not just going to forget it now

Best to use a harris decorators pole if you wanna do top floor windows and an unger adjustable angle for the end and optiloc cone as a wag fits perfect on that also or a small similar pole (i think they do a tiny one) for ground floor stuff

Harris poles are in the decorators section at b@q

B n Q and Homebase Sell the best small trad poles , theyre hanging up next to the harris poles in the decorating section in BnQ . made of aluminium,i swear by them.

i agree daveyboy its a great skill to have and why let it go rusty wfp is great but can get a bit tedious at times its quick but somehow tradding feels more professional if you know what i mean and thanks again will get the gear from baq was doing a bit of poling on own house downstairs windows with a bog standard squeege and old bit of pole surprisingly good results but was a lot of bending and funny turns i suppose the wag will eliminate most of that lol

Errrm to the rcproperty guy seriously alot of times trad is

quiker

cheaper

faster

less faff

and morr imprrssive

than waterfed pole

i agree tiktik although the 23 houses i done today were all wfp i dont think i could have done them all trad as some 3 storey dormers and big patio doors with loads of glass panels each side but i agree sometimes not worth reeling hose out i think each way as its place mate

Which poles fit the liquidator, wagtail and standard brass Ettore handles?

Does one pole fit all, I see that the wagtail fits into Harris pole but struggling to find that.

Just couple Harris poles but neither Ettore or Liquidator handle click fit,they just push fit and not too firm a fit.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

24b90f1ebbc2ac279510066bee283edb.jpg

79b97cb8d40a1ce5712a0c531c94810a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Drill the rivet out of the metal acme thread

Take it off

Replace with unger adjustable tip with optiloc cone

Then they all fit tight

And it's adjustable

Wagga has a vid

Back