Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Enough of the emails already!!

Do you want email notifications every single time

• Total voters

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Ok so I have bought this up with Gav in the past but now I am throwing it out there to all of you.

I will state I am writing this as Green the forum user and NOT Green the Moderator.

The one thing I truly LOATH on this site is the email notifications, for every single little thing.

Yes you can turn them off by clicking 'unfollow' every single time you look at a post but why?

Many of the posts on here are chit chat, bit of banter etc and don't need to be 'followed' to the point where I get an email that says 'daveyboy decided to click like on a post that Steve Garwood wrote that you once looked at briefly for two seconds'

Ok a bit of exaggerated extreme example but you get my point.

@Gav, please change it so we don't follow every post we look at and leave it to us to decide which we WANT to follow instead of it being an automatic assumption.

I have made this a Poll so you can have your say, please vote honestly.

Rant over.

I don't remember how i did it but from day 1 when it annoyed me i changed one of the settings and never get an email to inform me of anything

I won't be tinkering.

It takes but a couple of clicks to turn this on/off site wide. /emoticons/wink.png

[media]

[/media]

Couldn't agree more with you Green. All my notifications from this forum go straight into my spam folder cos like Green says - its bloody annoying. Gav mate do the right thing and disable it

I don't mind. I get dozens of emails a day that are all a shite so one more makes no difference. My business email is only used for business and my personal one gets spammed constantly

Ok so I have bought this up with Gav in the past but now I am throwing it out there to all of you.
I will state I am writing this as Green the forum user and NOT Green the Moderator.

The one thing I truly LOATH on this site is the email notifications, for every single little thing.

Yes you can turn them off by clicking 'unfollow' every single time you look at a post but why?

Many of the posts on here are chit chat, bit of banter etc and don't need to be 'followed' to the point where I get an email that says 'daveyboy decided to click like on a post that Steve Garwood wrote that you once looked at briefly for two seconds'

@Gav, please change it so we don't follow every post we look at and leave it to us to decide which we WANT to follow instead of it being an automatic assumption.

Rant over.

I don't get any noticed atoms Thru email

Rant over.
While we are on a similar subject, are people getting many sales, junk, nuisance calls? I think it's partly because I advertise in yell, but I'm getting about 3 a day! Started added them to the reject list but they call again with a 1 digit different. ANNOYING:thumbsdown:

Back