Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Paul, Mar 1, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Paul

Paul Guest

Do you guys blog? Sorry to sound thick again, but what actually is blogging :-/ can somebody put a link up to show me what its all about cheers. ;)
  2. Have a look at our site. I designed it on Wordpress which is a content management system. You can make the site look like a normal website but in fact it's designed for blogging. Blogging is like a person journal and can be used for anything you possibly think of. The page where you were put your blogs is the "Latest news" page, if you keep this up to date (it's hard in our game) with any info at all, promotions, new kit, photos etc. Google will see that the website is very active and current with relevant info to that topic so will keep showing it. If you just made a website then left it, you could risk it being seen as dormant and will get pushed down the search pages.

I struggle big time to put things on here purely because there is only so much you can say. Check this site out this is a friend of mine who I work with, he's done the same thing.

I hope this sort of explains things. J
  3. laddergarder

Nov 29, 2011
    We use twitter with our website just to keep customers upto date with whats going on, which is a kind of micro blogging site. If you can amagine a paper diary, that you keep with text pictures etc. Blogging is kind of the digital version of this. Just like in a forum, you can post messages with pictures, links, videos etc. Generaly the newest posts go to the top, and it acts like a mind of diary.

Here is an example

notice the posted on information at the bottom of each section. This guy uses his blog for posting reviews of window cleaning equipment etc.