Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Equipment brands

@fenderjaguarGreat idea! A piece of squeegee rubber and double sided tape?
Actually just plain super glue, but you must take care to score the rubber (and the plastic on the bucket where it makes contact). Some of that rubber actually goes right to the bottom of the bucket, but it's very difficult to 'lay the carpet', if you know what I mean. You have to use a long thin steel rod

The rattle doesn’t bother me

My tools are only in there on a job then back in my bucket in the car

The bucket lives in the car as i use a pre mixed bottle nowadays on regular cleans and also have a 2nd bottle of soap on my belt in case i need to make the consistency thicker

I have modded pretty much everything i own now lol

@daveyboy1

Yeah. I guess I'll start to tinker moer when I've been doing WC for a while. But for now I'll try to get the basics down. And only do some occasional mods that seem useful.

Got any fav mods you'd like to share?

Nice work! And thanks for the info @fenderjaguar. Might try it out on my ninja in the weekend. /emoticons/smile.png
No problem. btw, if you really want to make that moerman bucket sing, try these wet leg stoppers (all left handed):

http://i.imgur.com/v41UzHM.jpg

Then you can go from this:

http://i.imgur.com/4W5vQdu.jpg

to this:

http://i.imgur.com/Pw33M6i.jpg

No more ******* water all down the side of the bucket, or having to bottle on only what water you need on there (or even worse, applicating a window with a tea spoon full of water)

Good mods fender but i use a premix bottle for my own preferences. .nothing to do with wet leg

Very good idea though

I just like to work as light as possible hence why i trad pole quite a lot also to avoid carrying ladders about unnecessarily

Good mods fender but i use a premix bottle for my own preferences. .nothing to do with wet legVery good idea though

I just like to work as light as possible hence why i trad pole quite a lot also to avoid carrying ladders about unnecessarily
haha, I know you do. I wasn't getting at you though. I myself carry a bottle too, not a ground bucket.

@fenderjaguarNow we are talking! Wonder why this isn't included in the original design. Defo have to try out some boab modding in the weekend if time permits.
Well I suppose the original design is simply a plagiarisation of the 2003 unger or unger ninja boab, with no scraper section and a better clip (more or less).

But yeah, if it was me designing that bucket, I'd make it about half an inch wider, then put 2 of those plastic tabs either side, so the bucket was ambidexterous. It's not possible to make ambidexterous, as it is. Also they wouldn't be tabs of course, they'd be included into the mould, and they'd be more contoured so that the applicator couldn't possibly hit the top of them.

Since I have your ear to moan into, if I have any criticism of the moerman bucket, it's the useless swivel. A pure afterthought, since it really doesn't swivel at all (my modded clip is fixed on anyway, which I prefer).

Oh, also a good thing is the water from the squeegee sections pours back into the the main applicator bucket section. There's literally no point in making the squeegee sections in the unger bucket have their own 'wells', since it just makes it so there's suds on the end of your blade, that you might want to wipe off before you squeegee a window off (I don't). Although, I have to say, it's worse on mine, since I've shortened the actual bucket for a 15 inch applicator. The wells drain, that's like the last remaining mod to be done to my white unger bucket. have to drill through the whole bucket though, ball ache

Last edited by a moderator:
The ninja bucket has a big slot cut out inside the squeegee channels so the water runs straight back into the boab

The ninja bucket has a big slot cut out inside the squeegee channels so the water runs straight back into the boab
Right, yeah moerman must've copied that off the ninja as well then. Never actually seen a ninja in person, so wrongly assumed again that it was nearly identical to my older unger

I took the jubilee clip mod off my ninja boab now

Was too bulky and keep banging it on doorways etc

Sorted out my belt instead and have a sorbo holster on order

Modded the clip on the boab to stop it swinging about (get fed up walking back round a house to find a dropped squeegee due to the looser channel slots on a ninja)

View attachment 4390

View attachment 4391

View attachment 4392

Yeah i found the ninja was way too low and it pivots where it joins the strap so swings about too much

Now the buckle is bolted to the boab with 2 bolts and hot glue gun glue to be extra secure and hangs directly under my belt with no extra length

Also covered the 2 chrome bolts with hot glue to seal them from the wet applicator as they otherwise would eventually corrode

I don't need them

Very good ideas mate but i haven't needed them for the last 25 years

Don't usually get a wet leg anyway

It is about time these companies designed a decent boab that does what we need

Back