Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Worth getting a Merlin if filling barrels?

slippy

Been offered a Merlin for £150 including postage. Second hand. Worth getting? I need water made quickly. Worth getting? Gonna be filling barrels, is this practical or will have to pump water into a holding tank then back through DIs? Is this worth it? Lots of hassle?

It's not bad if the filters are in good condition

If not and you need to replace them you may as well get brand new

If shop about there about 300

There is one on eBay for 80

Is it quick enough to plug into garden tap then have the output plugged into the twin DIs? So water goes through constantly (like twin DI system) or would you have to put the water from the Merlin into a holding tank then pump it out again through DIs?

Ok mate it will go...garden tap then whatever RO you decide to use then DI which finally goes into a holding tank PURE. From there you can either have the tank up high and gravity to empty the water into barrels or a transfer pump into your barrels or system in van. I would personally just use a brand new RO from a place like Daqua £180 for 450gpd delivered.

Ok mate it will go...garden tap then whatever RO you decide to use then DI which finally goes into a holding tank PURE. From there you can either have the tank up high and gravity to empty the water into barrels or a transfer pump into your barrels or system in van. I would personally just use a brand new RO from a place like Daqua £180 for 450gpd delivered.
I thought it took too long to go through an RO so just trickled out the other end and the pressure was too weak to go through a DI (thought DIs needed bit of water pressure). Is this wrong? Can you just connect them all up and it will be fine? (Turn on tap and it will come out pure at other end.)

The guy from Daqua recommended the 40/21. I only need to make 150 litres a week. This one costs £400. He said can hook up DI to it, put tap on and leave it.

Don't think you need 40/21 although it's a good investment. But a lot more expensive. 450 a day will make 150 litres in about 4-5 hours max providing you have decent water pressure.

slippy what is your game plan. You might only use 150 at the moment. But if you get into serious WFP system then you will be using a lot more water.

I have a 450 gpd system which produces enough for my needs (would love a 40/40 for speed)

Also if you want to produce onsite a 450 gpd wont be fast enough, i reckon that you would need a 40/40 to produce a good water flow on site,

yes get a water presure gauge as this will tell you your water pressure. Then you can decide if you need a pump or not.

Dont forget that all RO/s waste water. And some of them merlins waste a huge amount compared to others.

Daqua is a good company to deal with.

I guess also if it's in a van (attached), getting a 40/40 is asking for it to be nicked. If I can lock it away then I would be laughing at the speed it cleans water (400 litres/hr!!!)

Back