Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

With Sill Clothes And Scrims, Can You Just Dry Them Use Again?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

buzzing

Is it sufficient to just dry sill cothes and scrims on the line or wherever and then put back in bag to use again? Or do you need to wash these after every use?

Is it sufficient to just dry sill cothes and scrims on the line or wherever and then put back in bag to use again? Or do you need to wash these after every use?
You will have to wash them!

ive seen trad guys in summer put there wet scrimms etc on there van bonnet to dry them off while they work.

i only use 4 a day but thats to wipe the bottom sills dry and the doors i clean. i just get home and tumble dry them

i tried that and they gave of a nasty smell lol so i just put them in hot water in the sink with baking soda to break down the nasties and then tumble dried them. jobs a gud un

Well I havent got time this time to wash them so just dried them. Do people really wash their scrims after each use?

no, well i dont, i wash scrims once a week,(i only use 2 scrims) on a sunday, during the week i just tumble dry them at the end of the day. as for sills cloths, well they get rinsed in a bucket of fairy about 20/30 times a day so that should be sufficient i think

Once a week for scrims, back in the day i had a clothes line on my car /emoticons/biggrin.png

Sill cloths only got washed when they started to smell tbh. They are forever being dipped in buckets etc.

Saying that towards the end, i used to use a sponge for sills or a shammy /emoticons/biggrin.png

Once a week for scrims, back in the day i had a clothes line on my car /emoticons/biggrin.png
lol ive seen this from a bloke who trad in my village, he had a clothes horse in the back of his van and he would have the heater going while he was cleaning, must of had 2 keys and left the ignition going and locked the door.

I don't use scrims, as I've said before, but towelling cloths, but it's the same problem. I put mine aside, in an empty bucket, as they get too wet to use, then when I get home fill a bucket of cold water with a good squirt of bleach and soak them for a few minutes, then spin dry them, then just leave then on an airer overnight. If I don't have many I leave them soaking untill the next day, then, when I get enough, say 12 - 16, then spin dry them.

I leave mine in a bucket in the hallway then when I get up in the morning there all washed and dryed ready for me, I think the fairys come and clean them for me

i get tired of washin scrim,my lot use em as sill cloths and between 4 workers about 20 scrims a day need washing !

Do most people wash their sill clothes in their bucket which they use for window cleaning throughout the day? Isn't that water used for just the applicator on the glass? I only take 4 litres of water for a few jobs, should I take more and change the water so to keep the sill clothes cleaner?

About scrapers, mine has got rusty from keeping it in my BOAB, should I get a new one and stop keeping it there as it gets wet and rusts?

Do most people wash their sill clothes in their bucket which they use for window cleaning throughout the day? Isn't that water used for just the applicator on the glass? I only take 4 litres of water for a few jobs, should I take more and change the water so to keep the sill clothes cleaner?
About scrapers, mine has got rusty from keeping it in my BOAB, should I get a new one and stop keeping it there as it gets wet and rusts?
About the scraper Damo put up a link to one a few days ago from Maplins for a quid that doesn't rust mate.

I usually put them all in a bucket with a little bleach and leave for an hour then dry on the radiator. Then when there nearly dry the mrs cooks them a lovely meal and we take them to bed. We make passionate love over them and leave them in there over night. By morning there really nice and soft and raring to go.

Ps, just once a week though...

Back