Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Time To Get Out There Again

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Lol but its been 7 months now mate and am taking £1100 per month which isnt bad /emoticons/smile.png my aim is to build it up to £1800 for 12 months /emoticons/smile.png a few people have got like 120 customers only after a year so it depends really lol
me and you are from the estate pal so to us we doing ok /emoticons/wink.png
id rather be on 800 to 1100 a month for me sen than working for some rat /emoticons/wink.png

ive got about 210 but got a few for £60 and a couple of pubs (every 2 weeks) for £80 the houses on my round prob average £30 and do my glazing jobs along with my round, at the min doin about 3-5 glazing jobs a week so happy with my customer base at the min but still gunna drop sum flyers out after the new year.....But after tomoro gunna forget about work and have a blow out (white christmas all the way ak) lol ;-)
yes stevie lad i feel yer /emoticons/wink.png :lol:

Lol but its been 7 months now mate and am taking £1100 per month which isnt bad /emoticons/smile.png my aim is to build it up to £1800 for 12 months /emoticons/smile.png a few people have got like 120 customers only after a year so it depends really lol
Guess it depends what your area is like aswell!

Its been about 3 months since I have done any carding or canvassing.
I still get about 3 new customers a week but I was getting about 6 - 10 so I think I need to get out there and find some more work. The only thing that was stopping me was the fact that I only have 3 days a week to clean, and less hours in winter and this has caused a backlog.

But I think this is the best time to start canvassing, when do the lazy window cleaners give up for winter and go back on dole?

Your time is going to be limited even if your work 5 days a week window cleaning. Be more selective with your customers, and work your prices. I often post about speed of cleaning, but the most customers I can average per hour is 3, but this is rare and if usually less than 3; this does depend on the round. I price competitively, but always look to work effectively, to remain competitive and win the work.

If you already have a backlog, is the answer to add more customers?

Richard

I live in south london and there is a quater of a million houses in about 6 or 10 miles. plenty of windows to clean and it also means I can charge a bit more without taking the ****. I know my rates are good I just got a house in a new area and he had a windy for years and I said £15 for the whole house and he said yes.. when I went to clean the customer I asked him what his old windy charged and he said £14 and then he said he was happy with my price.

now all I need to do is go knocking at the end of january. thats my last day of working as a computer engineer .... whoooo cant wait to be a full time window cleaner.

What I have noticed every year, once it gets to feb march time and the sun is higher in the sky (people looking though dirty windows), I get a lot more calls. Drops off from Dec through to Feb. Got 10k flyers printed going to knock and leave flyers. See what happens!

I've never knocked lol! only ever with flyers and its exceeded all I could have imagined /emoticons/biggrin.png

I was originally going to buy my old boss's round but then I decided that was a **** idea lol 10k flyers and over a few months I've now tripled what I originally set out to make per month so flyers have worked better for me /emoticons/biggrin.png

merry xmas

Thought just posting flyers only has a low contact rate with potential customers... How many flyers do you send and how many comeback to you waning a quote and windows cleaning?

I've started putting out less and less as i get too much work but the general responce would probably 1:10 sometimes a bit more say 3:10 just depends on the area some bad areas its as low as 1:100

Leaflets really do work if your persist with them then you will get brilliant results anyone who says any diffrent is a diddy.

/emoticons/smile.png

I've started putting out less and less as i get too much work but the general responce would probably 1:10 sometimes a bit more say 3:10 just depends on the area some bad areas its as low as 1:100

Leaflets really do work if your persist with them then you will get brilliant results anyone who says any diffrent is a diddy.

/emoticons/smile.png
How many customers have you got? How many flyers would you have used altogether?

I've got 362 regulars now in total I've probably put out 20k flyers maybe more maybe less I've had 431 customers in total non payers and cancellations have obviously lowered that not that bad for 8 months on my own part time (full time for past 3.5)

There is a publication called "on your door step" based in York. It's a publication, you pay for an advert and it gets posted to 1000s of homes in the area of your choice. Not sure were you live, put you can always give them a blast. It worked for me. I used them over a 3 month period.

I have put out only flyers as well, I have put about 15 000 flyers out and got 308 - 310 customers which has dropped to 230 for non payers and one offs and time wasters

no offense but you said your response rate was about 3 in 10, but you put out 20000 leaflets and you got 431 custys.....thats about 1 in 50 isnt it?

flyers do work for some, but knocking will always be better, you WILL get a better response rate then flyers, plus your work will be much more compact and workable

No offence taken! I'm not that clever with the maths! but trust me my response rate has been beetween 1:10 - 3:10!

In all honesty I've looked at the boxes of leaflets in the garage and going by what i have left theres a lot less than 20,000 been put out !

my last job was running a large leaflet drop operation so I know what im on about /emoticons/smile.png

dont get me wrong, im not doubting you or your results but imo knocking doesnt just get you more customers, it gets you better customers too, more compact and less hassle running about, plus you get a better feel for the are when you knock it.

one of my previous jobs was as a door canvassing manager for double glazing firms so i also know what im on about,lol

Back