Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Time To Get Out There Again

WCF

Help Support WCF:

To be honest your best bet is put a few posters in local shops, then about a week later, leaflet and then door knock. This way the customer recognizes who you are without realizing it.....and you have already planted the seed so to speak.

But it all depends on funds and how you want to be seen...

For example

I'm going along the lines of appearing to be a company, rather than you friendly neighbour hood window cleaner. So my method might not work as well for those using their friendly window cleaner approach ...

i dont really knock doors tbh and always had a good response from dropping leaflets thro doors but thats just my personal preference as i dont like people knocking on my door, they always get the " sorry mate not interested " SLAM! lol

Lol, not everyone does that though. However I see your point.

Out of interest

Do you door knock if say u get a new custie, would you door knock that road? Or just leaflet it if you haven't already?

Are you a "friendly window cleaner" or go by a company name type thing?

I think the difference between a mass leaflet drop and door knocking, is, dropping leaflets is advertising only your services, and ‘door knocking’ is advertising with marketing leading to a sale (hopefully) all in one instance.

Whichever method you prefer, you still have to do all 4 - advertising, marketing, sales & service - to get the new customer. Advertising is only one aspect of marketing.

Richard

I think the difference between a mass leaflet drop and door knocking, is, dropping leaflets is advertising only your services, and ‘door knocking’ is advertising with marketing leading to a sale (hopefully) all in one instance.
Whichever method you prefer, you still have to do all 4 - advertising, marketing, sales & service - to get the new customer. Advertising is only one aspect of marketing.

Richard
Couldn't have put it better /emoticons/smile.png

Lol, not everyone does that though. However I see your point.

Out of interest

Do you door knock if say u get a new custie, would you door knock that road? Or just leaflet it if you haven't already?

Are you a "friendly window cleaner" or go by a company name type thing?
what i normally do is if i already clean a couple of houses on a street i fly the rest but just neatly write a note on the back stating what number houses i clean on tha street seems to work for me!

Right foor knocking isnt all that lads.... Cos theirs a housing estate i door knocked /emoticons/smile.png got 1 cistomer only /emoticons/smile.png 2 months later i leafletted the area and i got 2 calls !!! So the leaflets were more effective ! Lol

As i'm just starting out, i have 10k to post out, hoping for a better response than i had from the bin cleaning ones i posted, which got 70 from the 10k very poor in my view and still got another 10k to post as well. but its a cheap way to get out there if you dont mind the walk,i also find taking to people as post them can be good too...

what i normally do is if i already clean a couple of houses on a street i fly the rest but just neatly write a note on the back stating what number houses i clean on tha street seems to work for me!
That's what I do. I say the house number/s that I clean so they can go check if they want too. That alone is a good witness and selling point.

As i'm just starting out' date=' i have 10k to post out, hoping for a better response than i had from the bin cleaning ones i posted, which got 70 from the 10k very poor in my view and still got another 10k to post as well. but its a cheap way to get out there if you dont mind the walk,i also find taking to people as post them can be good too...[/b']

I think a lot of it can be down to the areas that we choose. Areas that have no windys should give you a better turn around. Area near me which I posted flyers i pulled 9 in 1 street, 4 in the next and 5 in the street after it. No window cleaner in that area, well there is now... mind you it is out in the sticks.

As i'm just starting out, i have 10k to post out, hoping for a better response than i had from the bin cleaning ones i posted, which got 70 from the 10k very poor in my view and still got another 10k to post as well. but its a cheap way to get out there if you dont mind the walk,i also find taking to people as post them can be good too...
I think a lot of it can be down to the areas that we choose. Areas that have no windys should give you a better turn around. Area near me which I posted flyers i pulled 9 in 1 street, 4 in the next and 5 in the street after it. No window cleaner in that area, well there is now... mind you it is out in the sticks.
Being out in sticks isn't to much of an issue if you got that many in one area lol.

Nice one!!

Clearly worked for you!!

Being out in sticks isn't to much of an issue if you got that many in one area lol.
Nice one!!

Clearly worked for you!!
Yeah it does here in Leeds, we have a lot of areas that are not covered in the sticks. I live out in the sticks, and not too far from Harrogate so it all depends on how far out one wants to travel.

You wana grab up all the little villages mate lol
I know, I'm going too. Big houses, at least £18 a pop, got some at £25 each. A lot with solar panels too, might be able to kill 2 birds with one stone (I think that's the saying).

Back