Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fell Off M'ladder...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

TobySampson

Was cleaning inside of a gym at a school with varnished wooden floor. I was using my ladder stablizers but I must of had it at too much of an angle. Ladder when from underneath me and I landed funny on my ankle, swollen and killing. Gotta be more careful...

I know that would of been rubbish if I broke it... Probably gonna be off for a week though. No good for bank balance..

I know that would of been rubbish if I broke it... Probably gonna be off for a week though. No good for bank balance..
Thats true, but week is better than anything longer. Just take it easy and dont rush it

Cheers boys...

Probably should put this in a new topic but due to falling off and thinking about how stuffed I'd be if I couldn't work I should get insurance of some sort. I have public liabibity but nothing to cover me. What cover do you lot have?

Ouch! The highest I've fell is off an A frame and the back of my head missed the corner of a brick wall. Fell down the last few rungs a few times, in fact most days lol.

not good lucky its not worst the highest I fell was from my van sills I was pulling the straps tight and it snapped I went flying and landed on my a r s e I was more embarrassed than hurt

Cheers boys...Probably should put this in a new topic but due to falling off and thinking about how stuffed I'd be if I couldn't work I should get insurance of some sort. I have public liabibity but nothing to cover me. What cover do you lot have?
Lot of people don't bother to cover themselves as at times its not worth it.

If you had a major fall and really hurt yourself or worse, some of things the insurance company would look at is, type of ladder, any safety devices used, training, inspection records etc. Before they would pay anything out.

Lot of people don't bother to cover themselves as at times its not worth it.

If you had a major fall and really hurt yourself or worse, some of things the insurance company would look at is, type of ladder, any safety devices used, training, inspection records etc. Before they would pay anything out.
Bunch of scammers... So no real help then, just be more careful...

Bunch of scammers... So no real help then' date=' just be more careful...[/quote']True, they are happy to take them money, but when it comes to paying out they are a nightmare, try everything to get out of it!

Glad you are ok and haven't broke it. I just bought a rojak ladder stopper today but was looking at the stabalisers on youtube

What ladder stabaliser were you using?
They're like an angle thing that you on the back of your ladder. They're called stabilad.. if you type it into google its the second and third picture along.

Back