Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fell Off M'ladder...

Very lucky indeed that you did not kill yourself so maybe in future do a proper risk assesment and cost in the most appropriate kit for the job.

Surley working from a tower or sissor lift would have been the safer option for that kind of job as applying window tint you need to use both hands?

I was offf six months a few years back and all the bods at the hospital said would have mended quicker if i had broken my ankle instead of ripping all the tendons and lateral ligament when I Jumped off a forklift approx 3 foot onto a off-cut of metal conduate pipe.

We all live and learn but some are not so lucky..... :rolleyes:

annuther dumy and this lot say ladders ar safe one fall is all it takes u shud ues a wag on a stick and WFP out side ,years a go used mop and segy in side scool hall be for wags so sory but dumy and u lot who say its how u use em sory but ther dangeus ,u can use a wag up stears on trad

Pete he was not just window cleaning but putting up window tint film aswell :rolleyes:

annuther dumy and this lot say ladders ar safe one fall is all it takes u shud ues a wag on a stick and WFP out side ' date='years a go used mop and segy in side scool hall be for wags so sory but dumy and u lot who say its how u use em sory but ther dangeus ,u can use a wag up stears on trad[/quote']

annuther dumy and this lot say ladders ar safe one fall is all it takes u shud ues a wag on a stick and WFP out side ,years a go used mop and segy in side scool hall be for wags so sory but dumy and u lot who say its how u use em sory but ther dangeus ,u can use a wag up stears on trad
Well he did say he might have put them at the wrong angle, he also put it on a slippery surface....so how is that down to the ladder.

Also he was putting tint up, no cleaning windows

The ladder slipped as it would even using those cheapo stabalisers. Which may I add should be thrown in the bin as they are total rubbish and not fit for purpose even when set properly. :rolleyes:

The best ladder stabaliser I've found for working on slippery surfaces like a gym floor is an ankalad that is permantly fixed to a ladder. /emoticons/wink.png

http://www.laddersafetysupplies.co.uk/stabiliser.shtml

Sorry to hear this has happened. Putting ladders onto wooden flooring is so risky. I had to clean a school last year (was doing it for a friend who was on holiday) and it included the inside of the school hall.

I put an old bath towel down (which I have found is great on wet, but NOT on dry decking) but still didn't feel very confident to be honest. I was working alone and at night and was very, very careful, positioning the ladder at about 1 in 5 to make it as vertical as possible. The windows were real piggies too!

Toby, I hope you are OK and recover very soon.

John

annuther dumy and this lot say ladders ar safe one fall is all it takes u shud ues a wag on a stick and WFP out side ' date='years a go used mop and segy in side scool hall be for wags so sory but dumy and u lot who say its how u use em sory but ther dangeus ,u can use a wag up stears on trad[/quote']Sweet happy bloke!used properly ladders ARE safe, no need for the dummy comment aswell

id only red furst page smurth .and i stand by dumy cos he shudent have bin up a ladder doing window tints and the scohl shud have kone beter ,u nerly had a good clame from the scohll that wood have moor than coverd a funeral ,nor shud he be washing windows

annuther dumy and this lot say ladders ar safe one fall is all it takes u shud ues a wag on a stick and WFP out side ' date='years a go used mop and segy in side scool hall be for wags so sory but dumy and u lot who say its how u use em sory but ther dangeus ,u can use a wag up stears on trad[/quote']Time and again you've been asked to calm it with the insults Daley, you now have only 1 life left.

and u dont think its dum to be doing wot he did on a polished floor ????????????????/ and iv asked to be removed from this **** hole but u not listening cos u must be deth ,and now il not be abul to post pics of an nuter set of dumys with ladder on slats of a sloping roof and no roof ladder ,and i dont go out of my way to find all thes dummys

and u dont think its dum to be doing wot he did on a polished floor ????????????????/ and iv asked to be removed from this **** hole but u not listening cos u must be deth ' date='and now il not be abul to post pics of an nuter set of dumys with ladder on slats of a sloping roof and no roof ladder ,and i dont go out of my way to find all thes dummys[/quote']youve asked to be removed?.....so why are you still coming on here to comment? everyone is bored of your attitude and your lame continuous ladder bashing, not to mention the fact i can hardly make a word out you type, and yet you call everyone else dummies?..your a thick as s*** idiot mate, f*** off to acs or ciu or whatever

and u dont think its dum to be doing wot he did on a polished floor ????????????????/ and iv asked to be removed from this **** hole but u not listening cos u must be deth ,and now il not be abul to post pics of an nuter set of dumys with ladder on slats of a sloping roof and no roof ladder ,and i dont go out of my way to find all thes dummys
you are a complete ***, totally agree with GM cleaning.

full of attitude and ****!

and your 62 years old? would never tell by your posts ,child!

I am terrible with grammar and spelling. I failed English and find it hard to put sentences in the right order.

But OMG he types like he talks lol

Calm down pete as you will give yourself a heart attack mate /emoticons/biggrin.png

I think by now we agree that the chap fell off his ladder was taking a risk and hopefully has learned by his mistakes and recovers soon. However the sad fact is their will continue to be more deaths and injuries caused by falls from ladders so you need to except that pete and not go around ladder bashing as more often than not it's not the ladder at fault but the person using it.

Its your choice if you use a ladder or not. Simples... /emoticons/wink.png

Calm down pete as you will give yourself a heart attack mate /emoticons/biggrin.png
I think by now we agree that the chap fell off his ladder was taking a risk and hopefully has learned by his mistakes and recovers soon. However the sad fact is their will continue to be more deaths and injuries caused by falls from ladders so you need to except that pete and not go around ladder bashing as more often than not it's not the ladder at fault but the person using it.

Its your choice if you use a ladder or not. Simples... /emoticons/wink.png
Clean n simples

/emoticons/smile.png

Lol sorry mate just had to, but well said /emoticons/smile.png

Just had a look at all these comments... Flip, was just trying to earn some money... Made a mistake and now I'm gonna be more careful. Started to get a young lad working with me to be at the bottom of the ladder on dodgy floors. I'm safe normally and did take precautions but just not enough...

id only red furst page smurth .and i stand by dumy cos he shudent have bin up a ladder doing window tints and the scohl shud have kone beter ,u nerly had a good clame from the scohll that wood have moor than coverd a funeral ,nor shud he be washing windows
Your an idiot.

Your an idiot.
No comment /emoticons/smile.png

(P.s well said Toby) lol

Back