Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1year out of a 4040 ro membrane help

camcap

hi being going for around 2 years now and think I'm looking at needing my 3rd membrane, my tap water is around 268 and now coming out of ro at 21 it's normally 12, the first ro was a hf4 4040 this current one is a hf5 4040, pre filters are replace every 3 months and membrane flushed every week I make around 400lt a day, water pressure is at 2bar, surely I should be getting longer than one year,any help on what could be wrong or is it just how long they last thanks

What's your pure to waste ratio whilst producing water?
I have a small hole drilled in to the waste tap valve which was done when I brought the system the chap at the shop said its how they always do it when setting up there systems so I'm guessing around 3-1

I have a small hole drilled in to the waste tap valve which was done when I brought the system the chap at the shop said its how they always do it when setting up there systems so I'm guessing around 3-1
I have a 1mm hole in my waste control gate valve which I drilled myself. It still needs to be open to get the right ratio. If the waste gate valve is fully closed I get a trickle of waste water. If I left it like that then I doubt my membrane would last long. With the r/o running you need 3 waste to 1 water or a little lower. At your tds I would say probably 2 to 1 = 2 liters of waste water to 1 liter of pure.

If you are relying on the hole in the waste gate valve then this could be your problem.

I believe (not gospel) that Pure Freedom drill a 1mm hole in the waste gate valve as a precaution.

What carbon block filter are you using?

hi spruce i flush my system red tap fully open 15 mins

then close tap fully

when producing pure 80/20 with boaster should I not close tap fully

4040 with one pre filter, 50 waste 50 pure, I run about 800ltr through the 4040 every day 5days a week, no booster pump, I think the membrane is a hf5 a low pressure one. At the start it I had 17 ppm out and 4yrs later it's 19ppm. Why I don't know, maybe it's because I don't have a booster pump maybe there not good for the membrane. It's takes About 8hrs to fill up a 500ltr thank from empty. Maybe slower fill up is the way to go.

4040 with one pre filter, 50 waste 50 pure, I run about 800ltr through the 4040 every day 5days a week, no booster pump, I think the membrane is a hf5 a low pressure one. At the start it I had 17 ppm out and 4yrs later it's 19ppm. Why I don't know, maybe it's because I don't have a booster pump maybe there not good for the membrane. It's takes About 8hrs to fill up a 500ltr thank from empty. Maybe slower fill up is the way to go.
Mine is around the same as this but started around 12-14 now 18-20 after one year

It could be that I have always used that filter ^ I think there better than having two pre filters, maybe they protect the membrane better.
So this one filter replaces both the sediment and carbon, if you've had the results you've had I'll be getting one of these next thanks for the link

Back