Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tds

im not on a merlin, im using another type of RO, my water starts at 450ppm, and gets it down to 016ppm before resin.

im not on a merlin' date=' im using another type of RO, my water starts at 450ppm, and gets it down to 016ppm before resin.[/quote']480ppm - 007 ppm /emoticons/wink.png

Merlins work on something crazy like 2L a minute! at house pressure.

Badboy from croydon has one (neil)

what system are you using?
off the top of my head, i dont know lol. its from colins water products i think. its the normal 3 stage one.

But we have two as opposed to one big one if that makes sense.

how do you get resin free?
My dad does some work for a company, and they use massive DI cylinders. They supply him with the DI fully filled.

This DI cylinder has lasted about 2 and half years, and its needs refilling soon. The DI cylinder is close to £6000 new LOL!

off the top of my head, i dont know lol. its from colins water products i think. its the normal 3 stage one.
But we have two as opposed to one big one if that makes sense.
oh right, i know my membrains need changing as they are 2 years old, so that will makes some diffrence

Awesome' date=' it costs us nothing to polish the water as we get resin free /emoticons/smile.png[/quote']i know that feeling, i dont get mine free, but have spent £75 on a bag of 25kg resin and still have half left.

i brought the bag in feb last year!

i know that feeling, i dont get mine free, but have spent £75 on a bag of 25kg resin and still have half left.
i brought the bag in feb last year!
If you you had two DI's would work out even better value LOL. Still good tho.

Once the weather has cleared, you gonna show me ya Hotwfp /emoticons/biggrin.png

If you you had two DI's would work out even better value LOL. Still good tho.
Once the weather has cleared, you gonna show me ya Hotwfp /emoticons/biggrin.png
my di only hold little less than a 1lt and managed to get a year out of 12lts of resin!

and change my resin each time the pure water goes upto 001ppm!

You are not getting the max out of you resin then. If you had two then instead of changing it at 001 you keep it going until you hit your ro PPM

So if you are producing at 17ppm keep the first DI at the front, as the water passes through it will be say for arguments sake 10ppm. But it has still reduced the PPM from 17 to 10. The second DI takes it from 10ppm to 0ppm. Once the first DI hits 17ppm EG its saturated thats when to swap the resin.

if you are swapping at 1ppm you are not getting your full value out of the resin.

BUT!

As its only a 1L DI, this may all be useless LMAO It works great on the 7L and bigger /emoticons/smile.png

You are not getting the max out of you resin then. If you had two then instead of changing it at 001 you keep it going until you hit your ro PPM
So if you are producing at 17ppm keep the first DI at the front, as the water passes through it will be say for arguments sake 10ppm. But it has still reduced the PPM from 17 to 10. The second DI takes it from 10ppm to 0ppm. Once the first DI hits 17ppm EG its saturated thats when to swap the resin.

if you are swapping at 1ppm you are not getting your full value out of the resin.

BUT!

As its only a 1L DI, this may all be useless LMAO It works great on the 7L and bigger /emoticons/smile.png
i know im not, thats my choice tho as i always want 000ppm - 001ppm and use nothing higher. even if i used 2 di's i would be wasting more resin because i change it as soon as it hits 001ppm!

I have used 25l of resin this month producing water can't wait to get my ro how long do you think 25l of resin will last using an ro more than a month I hope lol

I have used 25l of resin this month producing water can't wait to get my ro how long do you think 25l of resin will last using an ro more than a month I hope lol
yer thats a lot! if this next year stays the same as last year work wise then a 25lt bag will do me 2 years! lol

i know im not' date=' thats my choice tho as i always want 000ppm - 001ppm and use nothing higher. even if i used 2 di's i would be wasting more resin because i change it as soon as it hits 001ppm![/quote']You wouldn't be wasting more resin, it saves resin. You would still end up with 000/001 ppm water.

If you change the resin at 001 PPM. You have lost from 001 - 017PPM (saturation point of RO water)

if your saying a 25lt bag lasts two years then that's great on how you are doing it.

But if you could get another 1Litre DI it would save you money.

Latest Posts

Back