Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Shurflo Pump Probelem

Yeah, when I say prime it, just disconnect outlet as close to pump as poss and turn it up full for a mo, get the air out.

thats it de means dead end ,as said turn up flow controller for a few minutes and it should blast out any air blockages

press the up and enter button together, you`ll get the sensitivity settings from 1 to 99 go up until it stops saying de. flow should return to normal

DE is short for Dead-End which is electrical engineer 'speak' for shut-off sensed. DE should be displayed when you have turned off the flow of water to your pole using a flow valve or similar. DE will be displayed until the flow is turned back on again.

However if you are getting DE during use when you have not turned off such a valve then this means that your Dead-End calibration is not set to the right setting (too sensitive). If you look in the instructions that came with the unit you will see on page 2 that it shows how to change this setting. Simply put, press and hold the two outer buttons until CAL is displayed. Then a number will show which is your current shut-off point. If the unit is shutting off too often then you will need to increase this number by increments of 5 at a time. Then press the right hand enter button and SET will display.

Try the system out again and see if it works if not repeat this step until it does not dead-end during use

Yup or your pressure switch is knackered on the top , best way to tell is jump live wire from pressure switch to live on pump and see if it stills consists

DE is short for Dead-End which is electrical engineer 'speak' for shut-off sensed. DE should be displayed when you have turned off the flow of water to your pole using a flow valve or similar. DE will be displayed until the flow is turned back on again.

However if you are getting DE during use when you have not turned off such a valve then this means that your Dead-End calibration is not set to the right setting (too sensitive). If you look in the instructions that came with the unit you will see on page 2 that it shows how to change this setting. Simply put, press and hold the two outer buttons until CAL is displayed. Then a number will show which is your current shut-off point. If the unit is shutting off too often then you will need to increase this number by increments of 5 at a time. Then press the right hand enter button and SET will display.

Try the system out again and see if it works if not repeat this step until it does not dead-end during use
Hello, ive got this dead end issue, ive tried the steps you discribed, so far so good... thanks for the solution.... now i was wondering and hope someone can awnser my question, what's the standard CALL SENSITIVE setting? I raised with steps of 5, now it's on C55 and the flow is 80, so far so good, battery is 11.4Volts... can i just leave it like this C55? Sorry for my noobisch question, it's new for me, this system... thank you in advance... 

There is no standard setting as everyone's system is a little different so different bore hose etc and I would imagine it's quite a bit colder in Holland this time of year so higher settings than the UK may well be needed. 

There is no standard setting as everyone's system is a little different so different bore hose etc and I would imagine it's quite a bit colder in Holland this time of year so higher settings than the UK may well be needed. 
Thanks, gues you have a point there, problem is i don't know what setting it was on before i got this dead end signal... i also had my battery very empty, so i am charging as we speak to get it back on 12Volts, i'm at 11.5V now.. as soon as i lower the CALL under 50 it gives me again dead end signal... i better leave it like this then, i was afraid maybe the setting would be to high and i force something.... but hey, the windows are shiny ..all good ? again thx for the reply

Thanks, gues you have a point there, problem is i don't know what setting it was on before i got this dead end signal... i also had my battery very empty, so i am charging as we speak to get it back on 12Volts, i'm at 11.5V now.. as soon as i lower the CALL under 50 it gives me again dead end signal... i better leave it like this then, i was afraid maybe the setting would be to high and i force something.... but hey, the windows are shiny ..all good ? again thx for the reply

At 80 you have your flow rate set quite high. To push that flow through the hose your pump will need to use more current than if it was set lower. Your findings are correct when you drop the CAL settings. My gut tells me that C55 is about right.

Dead end is an electronic control set against amp draw by the pump. This electronic cutout translates into pressure. I once had a pressure gauge on my pump and we found that for our  usual flow rate 55 psi was good enough to provide enough water to work at the heights we normally do. At that point we had our dead end set just above that. In our case our pumps draw 4.5 amps so our cutoff would be when the pump draws 5 amps.

If we increased our flow rate a few steps higher the pump drew more current and we got the pump cycling (switching) on and off.

Under load your battery reading of 11.5v does indicate to me that your battery's charge is quite low. Under load the controller will cut the power to the pump at 10.4/10.5v as that's considered flat.

To take a reading of your battery's state of charge, your battery needs to rest completely for 4 hours. A fully charged battery will read 12.7v or higher,  12.5v = 75% charged, 12.4v is 50% charged, 12.2v is 25% charged and 12.0v or low is discharged. For battery longevity they recommend a battery is not left to discharge below 50% and is recharged regularily.

Back