Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Get your inside windows cleaned...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

cheapncheerful

I never ask customers if they want their inside windows doing just incase I've done a **** job on the outside then I would have been rumbeled. The worst the inside looks then the better for me /emoticons/biggrin.png

I never ask customers if they want their inside windows doing just incase I've done a **** job on the outside /emoticons/biggrin.png
Just blame the Sahara mate, that's what I do. /emoticons/biggrin.png

CNC, whats wrong with just using the same stuff you use outside?

So lets see these spotless windows then @cheapncheerful :rolleyes:

I bet that cookers looks worse today too:D

oh i hate insides anyway ....may be useful info in here...especially in the comments..../emoticons/smile.png
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/aristowax-invisible-window-spray-finally-something-that-works-1-29-b-m-1931549

it does make me wonder sometimes when i struggle to get the outsides spotless and you can plainly see the insides have never been touched....mind you please dont look at my own insides....well when i get home i really am not going to get my kit dirty on them..:rofl:

I do wonder sometimes why people bother having their windows cleaned by me, judging on the state of the insides. One house I do is a real minger with mud from the dogs paws, cobwebs, mould etc all over the insides.

I was wondering what you all use to clean the insides of the windows? Is it a similar set up as the outside? is there anything different about the process?

I do wonder sometimes why people bother having their windows cleaned by me, judging on the state of the insides. One house I do is a real minger with mud from the dogs paws, cobwebs, mould etc all over the insides.
I've got a few the same, I just don't get it. Maybe they just like the status of having a window cleaner.

I was wondering what you all use to clean the insides of the windows? Is it a similar set up as the outside? is there anything different about the process?
I use exactly the same stuff I use outside, i.e. washing up liquid and water. The only difference is that I use a spray bottle to put it on the window, and lay a scrim on the window sill to catch the run off. One handy tip I can give is that I carry the t bar and (10 inch is perfect inside) and squeegee in a small painters bucket and leave the BOAB in the van. This way you can put the bucket on the sill to avoid dripping water on the carpet each time you put the tools back in the BOAB. Saves a bit of time too, and you are less likely to spill the contents of your BOAB all over the carpet when you kneel down for the low windows.

I've got a few the same, I just don't get it. Maybe they just like the status of having a window cleaner.

I use exactly the same stuff I use outside, i.e. washing up liquid and water. The only difference is that I use a spray bottle to put it on the window, and lay a scrim on the window sill to catch the run off. One handy tip I can give is that I carry the t bar and (10 inch is perfect inside) and squeegee in a small painters bucket and leave the BOAB in the van. This way you can put the bucket on the sill to avoid dripping water on the carpet each time you put the tools back in the BOAB. Saves a bit of time too, and you are less likely to spill the contents of your BOAB all over the carpet when you kneel down for the low windows.
ahh me just rub the drips into the carpet...oops:eek:

what the eye dont see....

Last edited by a moderator:
i no some one who cleans a house an i kid u not there was dog muck in the house on the kitchen wrk top!!!!!! the inside windows r filfy but custmer has out sides cleaned besarrrrrrrrrrr haha

yeh , you gottta wonder sometimes tench but hey as long as they pay.......i have worked on quite a few where you have to work your way through piles of doggy butt candy that have been there for an awful long time...

and some moan if your late and every window is covered in heavy nett curtains so you cant see in...nowt so queer as folk!

i no some one who cleans a house an i kid u not there was dog muck in the house on the kitchen wrk top!!!!!! the inside windows r filfy but custmer has out sides cleaned besarrrrrrrrrrr haha
...I thought that Lion bar tasted funny.:eek:

When working inside, use a drier applicator and use applicator to catch drips as you squeegee.

Still to try my unger indoor cleaning pad , I have one,with pure water. Ilike Tolish comment about using a bucket to minimise drips.

What if you kick the bucket, so to speak? :confused: I always keep the bucket outside and go and dip the mop as and when. No need to put cloths down a lot of the time if you use the mop to catch the drips as you blade.

What if you kick the bucket, so to speak? :confused: I always keep the bucket outside and go and dip the mop as and when. No need to put cloths down a lot of the time if you use the mop to catch the drips as you blade.
No worries about that mate, the applicator is reletively dry, and the only water in the bucket is the few drips that come off the applicator. By using the spray bottle direct to the window you don't need to dip from a bucket, and you always get the right amount, without any excess water to deal with. The scrim on the sill is pretty unnecessary, it just looks good and give you some thing to wipe the drips as you are working.

happy to do insides ,do a fair few , i usually send in my girl worker + a lad if needed . the girls very popular

Latest Posts

Back