Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

ford ranger pick up classed as a van????

D

Deleted member 84

So I'm looking at leasing a ford ranger pickup. Looking at going through vanarama?.

Firstly does anybody else contract hire? Pros? Cons?

Anybody used vanarama?

Does a ford ranger class as a van tax wise? I'd say yes but may be wrong.

Thanks in advance

Will it be big enough? Do you need a 4x4? I know nothing of Vanarama or leasing etc but will watch with interest as I may lease/contract hire in the future.

Cant answer on tax, however a couple of points to consider.

Will the lease company be happy with you bolting a water tank to the chassis? (I assume you are using WFP)

Secondly, I forget the company, but they did a system in a ford ranger with a truckman top. They installed a 500ltr tank and with all the accessories there was only capacity left for a driver, no crew. So in short check the payload capacity as it is not all that in a Ranger I believe.

Lastly, if your credit is good enough to get a lease, why not get a loan and buy one, a lot cheaper in the long run i reckon.

I got a new van from @Green said about getting a loan.....in my case it doesn't work out too much cheaper but its from my bank and therefore nice having everything under one roof.

I use a Mitsubishi l200 long bed, don't have as much room as a van but find it works well for me plus I can drive the family round.

450 flat tank in the back and dosnt' feel like it when I'm driving around but going to be changing the tank to an upright one so that may change things.

Also make sure you get a hard top it will give you more workable volume in the back I'm waiting for mine to arrive I will then properly kit the back out and post picys.

yes a ranger is classed as a commercial vehicle so has all the added bonus' for tax efficiency.

I lease 3 vans, purely because its on a maintenance contract and i get a new 1 every two years.

I almost leased an L200 through my company but decided to buy a car instead and take a mileage allowance instead which works out the same as a car allowance payment

Ford did all of there fleet as commercials from the connect to the ranger. If you fit alloys from a focus to a connect it's illegal as they have to be weight rated and the car alloys won't pass if your pulled or have a serious accident

Back