Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone used the backpack brace (Waspak)to support their back?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The waspak is a very good product.

it looks a bit silly but for commercial cleaning it is really a good product

it helps lifting your pole so you need about 50% of your energy in your arms,

but for residential it is not that good.

it will lift your pole to much so you need more force to pull your pole down.

works best with poles over 3000 grams

Saw it the other Day , looks redicilous :rofl:! But its genius on bigger jobs . A great invention that May be designed a little less clumsy in the future . :thumbsup:

I tried it out when I went to the Amsterdam show I agree it does make you look a bit silly but it works excellent it makes a very heavy pole weigh next to nothing I would say great for high commercials if you want to try it out pop to my show as I know they are turning up

So a waste of time for on an SLX 22 and doing domestic houses? Won't it make it quicker or life easier when doing difficult windows over conservatories for example? Or cleaning fascias where you put a lot of pressure on shoulders?

I don't care how I look, you should see the hat I wear. I injured my shoulder and wondered whether this would help shoulder on domestic 1st floors and ground floor windows? Or would the pulling it down be cause problems

So a waste of time for on an SLX 22 and doing domestic houses? Won't it make it quicker or life easier when doing difficult windows over conservatories for example? Or cleaning fascias where you put a lot of pressure on shoulders?
I think conservatories would be difficult, never tried but because of the pulley lifting your base it would be difficult to control you pole the way you like.

I tested the waspak with a ultimate 7 sections (it felt a littlebit to lite for the waspak (otherwise a friend of mine use it with a xtreme 47) and i noticed when you working to far from a building your control on the brush is less

otherwise fascias could be ok.

i will try this week with a slx 22 and i will lett you know

I damaged the rotar cuff in my shoulder and one of the best investments I made was better poles I now use extremes for about 80% of my work and it has defiantly helped.

Taking that contraption on and off when moving from job to job will soon where a bit thin after awhile and not to mention how it looks.

I think conservatories would be difficult, never tried but because of the pulley lifting your base it would be difficult to control you pole the way you like.I tested the waspak with a ultimate 7 sections (it felt a littlebit to lite for the waspak (otherwise a friend of mine use it with a xtreme 47) and i noticed when you working to far from a building your control on the brush is less

otherwise fascias could be ok.

i will try this week with a slx 22 and i will lett you know

Thx dude. I just want to extend my working life. Think shoulder issues with wfp will change the injury to window cleaner's shoulder

I think it looks great and definately not a gimmick, but in reality i only think it should and will be used on bigger jobs like the one in which he uses it on the youtube vid. But the cost is so high you would have to have a good amount of commercial work perferably above three storys to get any value out of it. Like someone above said get the lightest pole you can

Back