Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New carpets, trad or Vikan indoor kit?

Max

Got a potential custy who wants outsides every month and insides every 3 months, but she has a concern over dirty water and mess ruining her new carpets, I have said I will go over options when I call round. Would you consider using the Vikan kit as video on Gardiner website seems to show it works or stick to advising trad is the only option.

I don't know how dirty her windows are yet but it would be nice to offer her a couple of options. If I purchased the Vikan it would need to be good enough to offer to other customers as I don't see the point for just one customer. All advice greatly appreciated.

I always put a plastic backed decorators sheet down, or an old (clean) white bed sheet. Never had a problem and the customers appreciate the effort. I also make sure my mop is not saturated and then 'shadow' the squeegee underneath so it catches the majority of the drips - obviously this is only possible on the larger Windows. I would never buy new kit just for one job.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

.......oh. And get yourself some of the shoe 'condoms/covers' , another nice touch that seems to be appreciated - I always double bag too as the ones I buy don't last that long. I think it's a bit weird when someone comes to your house to do work in their socks, I don't really want to inflict that smell and my hole ridden socks on people.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

don't over complicate things,fill a few empty washing up liquid bottles with your choice of liquid,put them in your pouches.shoe protectors,old sheet,and micros

I bought a vikan to do a large colony roof inside. Since then have used it on several internal cleans. Just a quick spray of pure on the Windows then a quick rub with the vikan pad and jobs a good un. Well worth the investment.

Just trad it like normal and put a towel down when you do doors

If your applicator isn't sopping wet you get no drips and wipe squeegee before you take it off the sill

Back